11th Annual Things That Go BUMP in the Night... And in the Morning - Dallas
7:30 AM - 10:00 AM (CST)
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
2323 Victory Avenue, Suite 700
- Dallas, TX 75219
, Thad Behrens
, Nicholas Even
, Melissa M. Goodman
, Carrie L. Huff
, Susan A. Wetzel
Haynes and Boone, LLP is pleased to host the 11th Annual Things That Go BUMP in the Night ... And in the Morning. It’s a new decade for our annual “Bump in the Night” event, and a new time.
Join us over breakfast, as our panels discuss the current regulatory and litigation risks that can keep corporate directors, management, and in-house counsel tossing and turning into the early hours.
Topics will include:
- Our annual summary of securities and fiduciary litigation trends.
- The most recent developments concerning the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Compensation and whistleblower issues and their impact in the regulatory and private litigation arenas.
Our panels will feature attorneys from a cross-section of the firm’s practice areas, as well as guest speakers from the corporate sector.
Registration and Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.—8:00 a.m.
8:00 - 8:20 a.m. Introduction: Litigation/Regulatory Trends & YOURCO 2011 Scenario
Carrie Huff, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
Nicholas Even, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
8:20 - 9:05 a.m. Panel One: Regulations that Keep YOURCO Execs Restless
- Dodd-Frank Developments
- Executive Compensation
- Say on Pay
- Compensation Committee Composition
Kit Addleman, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
Susan Wetzel, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
Cece Smith, Director - Brinker International, Inc. and Pier 1 Imports, Inc.
9:05 p.m. – 9:15 a.m. Break
9:15 – 10:00 a.m. Panel Two: Waking Up to Find a Whistleblower at YOURCO
- Derivative/Fiduciary Litigation
- Disclosure Fraud – Statute of Limitations Issues
- Whistleblowers in the Regulatory, Employment and Shareholder Litigation Context
Thad Behrens, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
Melissa Goodman, Partner - Haynes and Boone, LLP
This course has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1.75 credit hours.
For more information contact Cari Peretzman at 214.651.5965 or