Antonio Diez de Bonilla Martinez is a partner at Haynes and Boone, SC in Mexico City. His practice covers real estate and infrastructure matters, with an emphasis on the legal aspects of financing projects, mergers and acquisitions, as well as tourist, residential, commercial and industrial development projects. Antonio advises and represents various clients - developers, operators, investors, agents and financial entities - on legal issues related to the purchase and sale of real estate projects. He also advises on the financing, construction, development and operation of realty projects.
Antonio acts as Chair of the Legislation Council of the Urban Land Institute Mexico Division.
Antonio was recognized by Chambers, Mexico in Real Estate in 2013-2014.
- Represented several domestic and international companies in due diligence work and negotiation of relevant contracts in connection with the acquisition of industrial lands for the development of industrial plants in several well known industrial parks in the Mexican Republic.
- Represented several companies in the due diligence and negotiation of the relevant contracts in connection with the acquisition of land for the construction of major tourist and residential developments.
- Represented a German fund in the acquisition of a 30 percent stake in Torre Mayor, the tallest office building in Mexico City.
- Participated in the negotiation of various hotel operation contracts on behalf of major hotel chains for the operation of hotels in Mexico City and several beach destinations in the Mexican Republic.
- Participated in important purchase-sale operations involving tourist developments - including hotels, golf courses and marinas, among others - in various destinations in the Mexican Republic including Los Cabos, Cancun, Riviera Nayarit and Costa Alegre in Jalisco.
- Advised clients on the implementation of time-sharing, fractional and vacation club ownership systems, among others.
- Participated in the structuring of project finance for real estate developments in Loreto, Baja California, Riviera Nayarit and Costa Alegre in Jalisco.
Selected Representative Experience
Acquisition of Hotel Nikko Mexico
Represented Hyatt International Inc. in the acquisition of the 756-room Hotel Nikko Mexico for approximately $190 million from Japan-Mexico Hotel Investment Co., Ltd.