Mr. Franck is actively engaged in the practice of corporate, banking and securities either in the representation of foreign commercial banks lending in Mexico, foreign and Mexican underwriters or representing private sector companies. He participates in the structuring and negotiation of national and international financial transactions, in mergers and acquisitions, corporate and financial restructurings, strategic associations and business in general.
Mr. Franck was managing partner with Santamarina y Steta for 8 years being a partner for 11 years and a member of such firm for 20 years. Before joining the Firm, Mr. Franck was founder and managing partner with Franck, Galicia, y Robles, S.C. He has worked closely with law firms in the principal cities of the United States, and other parts of the world, and he continues to maintain excellent relations with them. Mr. Franck has also participated as a member of the Board of Directors of companies such as Mexicana de Cananea, S.A. de C.V., Sears Roebuck de México, S.A. de C.V., Salinas y Rocha, S.A. de C.V., Grupo Financiero IXE, S.A. de C.V., Consorcio ARA, S.A. de C.V., Jugos del Valle, S.A. de C.V., Coppel, S.A. de C.V. and Farmacias del Ahorro, S.A. de C.V., among others.
Mr. Franck was recognized by Chambers, Mexico region, in Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A, 2012-2014; and ranked Band 2 in Mexico Banking & Finance by Chambers Global 2013-2014.
Mr. Franck has taught at Universidad Iberoamericana, in Commercial Law and Legal Ethics, as well as at Escuela Libre de Derecho.
Mr. Franck has represented clients in the following:
- Participated in the structuring and financing of electric energy projects such as Samalayuca and Mérida III.
- Participated in the placement in the Mexican Stock Market of bonds for Coppel, S.A. de C.V. and Banco Compartamos, S.A.
- Participated in the incorporation of Banco Azteca, S.A., Banco Multiva, S.A. and Bancoppel, S.A. among others credit institutions and sofoles.
- Participated in the acquisition of Grupo Financiero IXE, S.A. de C.V., and Grupo Multiva, S.A. de C.V. Grupo Financiero.
- During the Mexican Debt Restructuring (1982-1992), acted as Mexican counsel for Mexico's Bank Advisory Group.
- Represented Bank of America in its 2003 acquisition of a 24.9% equity stake in Grupo Financiero Santander Serfin and in 2010 in the sale by the same percentage to Grupo Financiero Santander for US$2.5 billion dollars.
- Participated in the internacional IPO for Banco Compartamos, S.A.
- Representation of the Family Saba Masri in the public tender for the purchase of Consorcio Aeromexico, S.A. de C.V., and for Satelites Mexicanos, S.A. de C.V. (SATMEX).
- Participated in the acquisition of Consultoria Internacional Casa de Cambios, S.A. de C.V., and representing Waldo’s Mexico, S.A. de C.V. in the acquisition of certain assets of Grupo Dorians, S.A. de C.V.
- Representation of the Family Leonardo Castañon, majority shareholders of Farmacias del Ahorro in the corporate and stockownership restructuring.
- Representation of laboratories Landsteiner Scientific, S.A. de C.V. in the investment of Sinca Inbursa, S.A. de C.V.
Selected Representative Experience
Equity Rollover Transaction for Mexican Energy Project Developer
Represented a Mexican energy project developer and natural gas pipeline operator in its equity reorganization and rollover transaction in which a Swiss-based global private equity firm acquired the equity interests of the predecessor private equity firm.
ICC International Arbitration, situs of arbitration Mexico City, Mexico
Served as a member of an ICC arbitral tribunal in an ICC proceeding between a Mexican company and an American company regarding a joint venture dispute.
$1.6 Billion Mexican Exchange Offer
Haynes and Boone, LLP successfully assisted AT&T International, Inc. in an exchange offer launched by America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. to acquire Telmex Internacional, S.A.B. de C.V.
Sale of Minority Interest - Stock in Mexican Bank
As Mexican counsel, advised Bank of America on the sale of its 24.9% ownership in Grupo Financiero Santander, S.A.B. de C.V. for $2.5 billion.
$1.5 billion IPO in Mexico under 144A for Banco Compartamos, S.A.
$500 Million IPO - Mexico
Initial Public Offering for Banco Comparatamos as a combined transaction a private 144A and a Mexican public issue.
$250 million public tender for Grupo Alsavision to purchase up to 100 percent of Aeromexico.
Participated in the placement in the Mexican Stock Market of US$600M bond for Coppel, S.A. de C.V.
Stock and/or Asset Purchase
Participated in the acquisition of Consultoria Internacional Casa de Cambios, S.A. de C.V., and representing Waldo’s Mexico, S.A. de C.V. in the acquisition of certain assets of Grupo Dorians, S.A. de C.V.
Participated in the restructuring under a pre-pack arrangement of Grupo Iusacell, S.A. de .C.V.
Acquisition of Minority Interest - Mexico
Represented Bank of America in its 2003 acquisition of a 24.9% equity stake in Grupo Financiero Santander Serfin in Mexico.
Incorporation of Financial Entities Banks and Others
Participated in the incorporation of Banco Azteca, S.A., Banco Multiva, S.A. and the acquisitions of Grupo Financiero IXE, S.A. de C.V. and Grupo Multiva, S.A. de C.V.
Debt Restructuring Advice
During the Mexican Debt Restructuring (1982-1992), acted as Mexican counsel for Mexico's Bank Advisory Group.