Christopher Perez is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. His practice is focused on project development and financing and the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in secured lending and finance transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, capital commitment subscription financings and commercial loans.
His transaction experience includes:
- Representation of lead lender in connection with proposed financing of a portfolio of solar power generation facilities.
- Representation of a project developer in connection with the development and financing of a government-guaranteed $135 million biofuels project deploying novel technology, including negotiation of bank and high-yield financing.
- Representation of a project developer in connection with the development and financing of a 20-MW solar generation facility.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lender in a $25 million portfolio-leveraging facility to an international borrower.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $340 million syndicated revolving credit facility.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lender in a $75 million subscription secured revolving credit facility.
Selected Representative Experience
Multi-Billion Dollar Pharmaceutical Sale
Served as U.S. counsel to Strides Arcolab Ltd. in its $1.6 billion sale of Agila Specialties Private Ltd., a generic drug maker of injectable medicines, to Mylan Inc., the second largest stand-alone generic drug maker in the world.
Deutsche Bank/Green Energy Team Hawaii Biomass Project
Represented Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., as Mandated Lead Arranger and Lender for a $76.1 million loan facility to fund construction of a 7.5-megawatt (net) biomass-to-energy facility on the island of Kaua'i, Hawaii.