What distinguishes our lawyers is that they:
- are located in different cities and, collectively, they have professional degrees in engineering, business and law
- have been employed in the government and different industries; they have extensive experience in both ITO and BPO transactions across all industries
- are comfortable in advising and assisting clients in the entire outsourcing process (e.g., structuring and guiding the transaction, RFP preparation, negotiations, contract preparation)
- are skilled at preparation and negotiation of both the master terms and conditions of the contract as well as the underlying schedules (e.g., statement of work, performance standards, pricing, employee benefits)
- work well as members of a team within the firm and with clients
- are known to have excellent relationships with specialized consultants and various service providers involved in the transaction
- have ready access to experienced firm partners and know when to include the subject matter expertise of other specialties in the process (e.g., employment, regulatory, tax, intellectual property)
- use lean staffing and are skilled at “getting the deal done” in a timely and cost-effective manner (e.g., term sheet style negotiations)
- have diversity in gender and race at all levels
Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing
Experience that Works for our Clients
The Haynes and Boone Outsourcing Practice Group is focused on helping clients structure, negotiate, document and close a wide variety of Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing transactions. Our group includes attorneys located across several offices, with support from international, employment, tax, immigration, corporate, government contracts and real estate attorneys, and our established relationships with highly regarded technology law firms in Europe, Latin America and Asia. Our Outsourcing Practice has the experience to handle anything from single sourcing engagements to complex multinational outsourcing relationships.
Our lawyers understand the client’s business and business objectives, and possess in-depth knowledge and experience in virtually every major industry, which are key to successful representation in the negotiation and documentation of outsourcing transactions. Several of our attorneys have practical industry experience as a result of prior employment for the government and companies in various industries. We employ a team-oriented approach. Practice members are carefully selected for each project, and quickly work to gain your trust, and the trust of any consultants and service providers involved.
The primary driver for the growth in outsourcing for the industry has always been financial (i.e., cost savings, redeployment of capital) but other key drivers include performance improvement, risk management and the desire to focus resources on company strategy and core competencies. These drivers have led to the expansion of outsourcing which now includes both Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) (e.g., computers, network connectivity, applications development and maintenance) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) (e.g., Human Resources, Call Centers, Finance and Accounting, Facilities Management, Procurement).
Our industry experience in outsourcing transactions is global and includes banking, energy, computer, health care, hospitality and restaurant, manufacturing, software, telecommunications, transportation and utilities. In addition, we have relationships with some of the leading outsourcing consulting groups who often assist with the nonlegal aspects of transactions. Our attorneys have worked with clients in formulating and responding to RFPs, conducting due diligence, determining baseline pricing and addressing service level issues and benchmarking. We can provide helpful insights regarding international, employment, Sarbanes-Oxley, intellectual property, governmental compliance, immigration and tax issues that commonly arise in outsourcing arrangements.
Our Technology Advantage
Haynes and Boone has long recognized the competitive importance of state-of-the-art technology systems in providing legal services. We maintain a substantial technology support staff and have received numerous awards for our use of technology to effectively and efficiently serve our clients. As one example, our Outsourcing Practice Group is able to utilize ClientConnect®, Haynes and Boone’s proprietary, Web-based, interactive software application, to enhance communication and collaboration with our clients.