Janet Robertson is of counsel in the Public Law Practice Group in the Houston office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Janet's work in public finance includes serving as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, credit bank counsel, borrower's counsel, and issuer's counsel in connection with multi-million dollar municipal and conduit bond issues, providing taxable and tax-exempt financing for charter schools, hospitals, health care facilities, continuous care retirement communities, cultural facilities, various industrial development facilities, and other issuers located throughout Texas and the United States.
In addition, she has substantial experience in banking and lending, securities law, project finance, private placements, asset securitizations (including issuance of nonconsolidation and true sale opinions), all forms of secured transactions (real, personal, and mixed collateral), mortgage warehouse lending, repurchase agreements, interest rate swaps, and loan workouts.
Selected Client Representations
- Bond counsel in connection with a combined approximately $50 million tax-exempt and $39.9 million direct-pay qualified school construction bond revenue bond issue for an open-enrollment charter school.
- Bond counsel representation in connection with an approximately $67 million revenue bond issue for an open enrollment charter school, including implementation of an innovative credit enhancement structure involving an internationally known foundation as a credit support provider.
- Bond counsel representation in connection with additional charter school revenue bond transactions, ranging in size from approximately $6 million to $29 million.
- Bond counsel representation of local airport system in connection with issuance of approximately $113 million in special facilities revenue bonds.
- Bank and bond counsel representation of nonprofit organizations in connection with bank-qualified tax exempt loans to finance local private schools, an area blood center, a neighborhood health center and a neighborhood recreation center.
- Underwriter's counsel representation in connection with numerous hospital and charter school revenue bond transactions, ranging in size up to $950 million.
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Women Lawyers
- Alliance of Public Charter School Attorneys
- Women in Public Finance, Texas Chapter
- Member, Attorney Diversity Committee of Haynes and Boone, LLP