Jonathan Pressment is a partner in the Business Litigation practice group in New York. His experience includes the representation of numerous Fortune 500 companies in a variety of complex civil litigation matters. Jonathan has extensive experience in all aspects of case commencement, discovery, motion practice and trial practice in commercial litigation matters. In addition, Jonathan has experience as lead trial and appellate counsel for clients in matters pending before both Federal and state courts including matters before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the New York State Court of Appeals.
Jonathan's experience covers an array of practice areas, including breach of contract disputes, intellectual property, civil liberties, securities related litigation, professional liability, entertainment law, products liability, bankruptcy litigation and cases involving allegations of commercial fraud.
Jonathan frequently lectures in the areas of witness preparation, successful management of litigation teams in large commercial matters and legal ethics, and is regularly asked to provide demonstrations of trial techniques at beginner and advanced trial advocacy workshops.
Selected Client Representations
- Representation of the National Football League in connection with its defense of a putative class action alleging claims of breach of contract and fraud against the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys arising out of Super Bowl XLV.
- Appointed to serve as Special Counsel to James W. Giddens as Trustee for the SIPC Liquidation of MF Global, Inc.
- Representation of a Big Four accounting firm in an accountant liability action.
- Representation of the SIPC Trustee in a multi-million dollar liquidation of a defunct broker-dealer engaged in fraudulent securities trading activities.
- Representation of Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation in termination of franchise litigation in federal court in which a preliminary injunction was obtained to protect Krispy Kreme's intellectual property rights.
- Representation of the five county bar associations of New York City in suit against the Mayor of New York, the City of New York and the Mayor's Criminal Justice Coordinator regarding New York City's system for the provision of indigent defense services.
- Representation of an international software manufacturer in a trade secret and antitrust action.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 media company in a breach of contract suit against the purchaser of a former affiliate.
- Representation of beverage distribution company in breach of contract action regarding distribution agreement.
- Representation of the manufacturer of steam turbine engines in a multi-billion dollar commercial fraud and breach of contract action.
- Representation of insured in a multi-million dollar products liability action.
- Representation of television producers in breach of contract action brought by news division of one of the big four television networks.
- Representation of individual claimant in a Section 1983 action and three-week jury trial in federal district court regarding violations of constitutional rights arising from allegations of insufficient medical care.
- "The Tenant's Remedies For A Landlord's Breach Of Its Obligations To Provide Security," Co-Author, The Commercial Property Lease Vol. II: Allocating Risk, Controlling Use, Tenant’s Rights and Landlord’s Remedies. (Patrick A. Randolph, Jr. ed., ABA Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law 1997).
Selected Representative Experience