Multi-Currency/Cross Border Financings
As businesses have adapted to a global economy, financing transactions have grown more complex with transactions structured across many countries and in many currencies. Our attorneys, recognizing our client’s needs for advice on these complicated matters, have worked to develop deep experience in structuring and documenting multi-currency loan facilities and cross border financings on a secured and unsecured basis.
We have helped arrangers, agent banks, and lenders structure, negotiate, and document complicated multi-currency subscription-secured facilities with domestic and international borrowers. We have represented large, money center banks, international commercial banks, and other financial institutions on a wide variety of cross-border and multi currency transactions. We have assisted our clients with transactions involving numerous industries including:
- Financial institutions
- Real estate
- Media and telecommunications
- Retail and manufacturing
- Technology and data systems
We assist our clients in addressing the unique operational, legal, tax, and regulatory issues posed by cross-border and multi-currency transactions, whether the facility involves working in Euros or currencies of England, China, Korea, Canada, Germany, Canada, or other currencies. We have handled numerous cross-border transactions involving various countries, including Canada, Latin America, Mexico, Poland, Luxembourg, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Columbia, Brazil, Iraq, England, and other European countries.
Key transactions have included:
- $3 billion multi-currency international credit facility to an oil field services company
- $2.5 billion multi-currency (US, Euro, Pound Sterling, and Australian Dollar) facility for the largest private equity fund raised in 2006, focused exclusively on the energy sector
- $3 billion multi-currency facility to an international credit card provider
- $2 billion multi-currency international credit facility to a data systems company
- $1.5 billion multi-currency, competitive advance, and revolving credit facility to a global information technology and outsourcing company
- $1.4 billion multi-facility, multi-currency cross-border loan to finance the acquisition of a long distance reseller
- $400 million senior secured revolving credit facility to a real estate opportunity fund, providing multi-currency options (Euros, Pounds Sterling, Yen) secured by capital commitments of public and governmental pension plans, insurance companies, and other institutional investors
- $50 million secured multi-currency facility to affiliated U.S. and foreign borrowers
For a more comprehensive list of our experience, click "Representative Experience" on the left.