Nir Yarden is a partner at Haynes and Boone, LLP, based in New York. His practice focuses on business origination, deal execution and management of client relationships in the investment management and institutional investor industries. His clients include hedge funds and private equity managers, “long only” investment managers, financial institutions, family offices, endowments and corporate clients.
Nir advises investment professionals including investment officers and portfolio managers on transactions, investments and regulatory matters across all portfolio asset classes. His experience includes capital raising, securities, corporate acquisitions and regulatory work. Managers and institutional investors also seek his advice in the establishment and ongoing operation of their investment management businesses, new product development and raising capital for their investment products.
Transactional matters for clients include:
- Represent institutional investors in over $8 billion of investment allocations made to traditional and alternative investment managers including hedge funds and private equity managers; responsible for structuring and negotiating all investment terms.
- Represent fund complexes and underwriters in over $7.5 billion of fund-related initial public offerings and related capital raising issues.
- Responsible for getting first time national rating for the Principality of Liechtenstein in connection with a $250 million financing of U.S. asset management purchase.
- Significant investment management-related transactions includes private placements, M&A and IPO's including an $850 million debt private placement for a U.S. retail fund complex, an acquisition of a leading Australian fixed income asset manager for a major U.S. bank, an initial public stock offering of the largest electronic fixed income securities dealer and representation of a significant insurance company in the acquisition of an asset management subsidiary.
- Transactional and regulatory work on behalf of alternative investment managers includes the establishment of new hedge fund investment management businesses; the formation of a new financial service hedge fund and the reorganization of an existing offshore "master-feeder" hedge fund structure; the establishment of a U.S. and offshore “master-feeder” fund structure investing in European credit opportunities; the establishment of a U.S. “long-short” equity hedge fund; the formation of a distressed real estate investment fund; the establishment of a private equity/hedge fund “hybrid” investment fund; the establishment of a global fund-of-funds making principal as well as third party manager investments; and the liquidation of a fund-of-funds business for a major U.S. bank.
- Founder and Chair, American Bar Association - Institutional Investors Committee, 2009-Present
- Founder and Chair, Practising Law Institute - Institutional Investor Forum, 2009-2011