We Know How to Lead
- Three partners selected for membership in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (Membership is by invitation only.)
- Member of the Council of the ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- 4 years as editor of the Newsletter of the Real Estate Finance Committee of the ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- 6 years as Chair of the Hotels, Resorts and Tourism Committee of the ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Past-Chair, State Bar of Texas Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Past-Chair, State Bar of Texas Business Law Section
- Past Chair, Commercial Financial Services Committee, State Bar of Texas Business Law Section
- President, Real Estate Council of San Antonio
- Executive Committee and Board Memberships: Austin, Dallas and San Antonio Real Estate Councils
- Past Chair, Travis County Bar Association Real Estate Law Section
Visit our "Think Real Estate" update.
Haynes and Boone’s Real Estate practice is one of the largest and most experienced in the nation. Our more than 60 attorneys have experience representing clients engaged in every facet of buying, selling, developing, operating, leasing, capitalizing and financing real estate for operators, investors and users for clients in the U.S. and throughout the world.
We Are Part of Your Team
Real Estate issues often call for fast action, and we pride ourselves on our responsiveness. As part of a firm with more than 500 attorneys in 12 offices, with a culture that allows all of the firm’s resources, wherever located, to flow freely to our clients’ needs, wherever they are, our Real Estate attorneys regularly - and seamlessly - call on our colleagues in the environmental, tax, securities, ERISA or international law areas. And if we need help from our bankruptcy or litigation colleagues, they’re at the ready, too.
Client Service Innovation, Cutting Edge Work and Responsiveness
Our Real Estate practice attorneys represent REITS, pension funds and pension fund advisers, domestic and non-U.S. private funds, portfolio managers and other institutional investors and developers, and are also involved with traditional project, mezzanine and corporate finance and co-investment partnerships and structures. We assist many major corporations with their real estate portfolios, including corporate headquarters and retail facilities, as well as sale leaseback and other structured lease transactions. We also assist many non-U.S. clients on U.S. inbound investments in and acquisition of U.S. real estate.
In the area of real estate finance, we assist national and international banks, other financial institutions, investors and owners, including real estate funds and REITs in originating, structuring and documenting complex mortgage and mezzanine loans, construction loans, credit facilities, preferred equity investments and capital market transactions involving all core real estate areas (including office, multifamily, retail, hospitality, industrial and raw land).
Furthermore, we represent clients in connection with loan workouts and the restructuring of existing debt. We have extensive experience representing opportunistic funds and other investment vehicles in acquiring distressed debt with the purpose of acquiring the underlying real estate through bank foreclosure deeds-in-lieu or other mechanisms.
In addition, we represent real estate funds in connection with the acquisition and disposition of real estate by acquiring them directly and through the negotiation of joint venture documents.