Mr. Hartmann has had an extensive and varied trial practice for over 30 years. He has been engaged in complex litigation running the gamut from government investigations to complex business litigation. His practice has involved representation of corporations and individuals faced with a wide spectrum of business and governmental claims. Mr. Hartmann is AV® Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory.
Selected Client Representations
Representative cases handled by Mr. Hartmann include:
- Represents companies and boards of directors in internal investigations, corporate governance issues and a variety of white collar crime claims.
- Represents major law firm in defending a variety of claims.
- Represented the largest hospital bed manufacturer in defending federal monopolization claims.
- Represented Vice President Richard B. Cheney in the 2000 Election litigation in Texas; successfully argued the Twelfth Amendment case in the Fifth Circuit which upheld the trial court’s dismissal.
- Represented an international telecommunications company in a five-year Securities Exchange Commission investigation; the case was closed in 2001 without action, following a Wells Submission.
- Lead counsel and argued a landmark mandamus case decided by the Texas Supreme Court whereby over 60,000 claimants were found to lack jurisdiction over a major Australian company. CSR Ltd. v. Link, 925 S.W.2d 591 (Tex. 1996)
- Lead counsel In Re Drill Bits Litigation, representing Dresser Industries, the only company in its industry not indicted which also achieved most favorable settlement terms during trial.
- Represented a major law firm defending class action securities litigation; case was favorably concluded as a result of pretrial rulings.
United States Army, Captain, 1966-1968
Recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America - Antitrust Law (2011), Commercial Litigation (2009, 2011), Corporate Law (2011-2015), and Litigation - Antitrust (2012-2015) Litigation - Securities (2013-2015)
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer - Antitrust Litigation (2009-2011)