Stephanie Sivinski is an associate in the Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Groups in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Stephanie's practice focuses on complex intellectual property and commercial disputes, including patent and copyright infringement litigation, trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract, and tortious interference claims.
Before joining Haynes and Boone, Stephanie served as a judicial law clerk to United States District Judge Mark E. Fuller of the Middle District of Alabama.
While pursuing an undergraduate degree in genetics, Stephanie developed a working knowledge of organic chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, microbiology, and molecular genetics. As an undergraduate research assistant, she frequently performed DNA amplification, reverse transcription, and gel electrophoresis techniques.
- Recently drafted briefs to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in a software copyright case and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in a patent infringement case.
- Defended a non-profit organization against claims of copyright infringement and breach of contract, helping to reach a very favorable settlement for the client. (E.D. Va.)
- Defended major clothing manufacturer against claims of breach of contract and tortious interference with a contract. Stephanie filed a motion to dismiss the plaintiff's claims, and the plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the suit in its entirety, with prejudice. (N.D. Tex.)
- Assisted in the defense of Fortune 500 Company against claims of patent infringement, helping to obtain a judgment as a matter of law on the issue of willful infringement and eliminating the possibility of treble damages. (C.D. Cal.)
- Currently assisting in the representation of a generic drug manufacturer defending against claims of patent infringement under the Hatch-Waxman Act. (D. Del.)
- "Federal Circuit Appeals From the PTAB: A New Game or Just the Same Old Practice," Journal of the Patent & Trademark Office Society, November 22, 2013.
- "Federal Circuit Appeals From the PTAB: A New Game or Just the Same Old Practice?" co-author, Haynes and Boone White Paper, February 1, 2013.
- "Putting Too Many (Fertilized) Eggs in One Basket: Methods of Reducing Multifetal Pregnancies in the United States," 88 Texas L. Rev. 897 (2010).