Cheryl Rosenberg, a partner in the Public Law Practice of Haynes and Boone, LLP, has 25 years of experience providing bond counsel and disclosure counsel services in connection with the issuance of governmental tax-exempt debt in Texas. Cheryl has represented numerous cities, counties, school districts, junior college districts, "on behalf of" corporations and special districts.
She has also provided underwriters' counsel services for major national and regional investment banking firms throughout Texas and the Southwest.
In addition, Cheryl counsels clients on general public law matters such as open records, open meetings and elections.
She has served as bond counsel to the Houston area's major issuers, particularly in the issuance of complex debt securities and in the creation of commercial paper programs. Her clients include the City of Houston, Harris County, the Port of Houston Authority and the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County ("METRO").
Cheryl is AV® Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory.
Selected Client Representations
- Served as bond counsel for the creation of the City of Houston's variable rate general obligation bond program, one of the first, and largest (at the time), variable rate general obligation programs in Texas.
- Represented the City of Houston as disclosure counsel on three series of Combined Utility System First Lien Fixed Rate Revenue Refunding Bonds in 2004, totaling nearly $3 billion.
- Served as bond counsel to METRO on its first issues of sales and use tax bonds and created METRO's commercial paper program and its equipment lease purchase program.
- Created Harris County's general obligation commercial paper programs.
- Advised the Houston Independent School District's litigation team in a successful bond validation lawsuit.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- President, Women in Public Finance, Texas Chapter