What Others Say
In 1970, we set out to build a new kind of law firm.
One that challenges how law firms operate, breaks away from traditional industry wisdom, and places the client at the heart of the firm. It’s an approach that has helped us set precedent - for innovation, for effectiveness, for accomplishment.
At Haynes and Boone, we have high expectations for ourselves and expect others to have high expectations for us. Whether it comes from clients, other legal professionals or the communities where we live and work, recognition for how well we’ve done is more than validation for what we’ve already accomplished; it’s our incentive to set even higher standards for tomorrow.
- Chambers Global 2014 recognized Haynes and Boone in the United States, Mexico and Latin America. Chambers recognized the firm’s international franchise and distribution practice, the firm’s U.S.-based bankruptcy/restructuring practice, and its Mexican bankruptcy and finance practices. The firm’s corporate/M&A practice was recognized in the U.S., Latin America and Mexico. Overall, 13 attorneys were recognized.
- Chambers Latin America 2014 honored Haynes and Boone lawyers and practices for the fifth consecutive year for its high-end corporate and financial work throughout Latin America and Mexico.
- Best Lawyers in America listed 110 Haynes and Boone attorneys in its 2014 ranking of the nation’s top legal talent. The firm also expanded its recognition in the “Best Law Firms” rankings to include 55 practice areas.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 singled out 49 Haynes and Boone lawyers as leaders in their field and 17 Haynes and Boone practices. The firm’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring and Franchise and Distribution practices were recognized in the national rankings.
- In 2014, Vault’s annual survey of the 100 largest U.S. law firms ranked Haynes and Boone in the top 25 nationally in seven of eight possible rankings, and the firm was Boone ranked no. 8 in Texas in the regional rankings. Haynes and Boone was the only Texas law firm ranked for Best Summer Associate Program.
- Three Haynes and Boone, LLP partners have been designated “Lawyers of the Year” in their practice area by Best Lawyers in America 2014. They include Lamont Jefferson, John Podvin and Robert Wilson. Best Lawyers designates a single lawyer per practice specialty in each geographic region. Results of the 2014 edition are based on about 5 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. The honorees received particularly high ratings of their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
- For the second year in a row, the International Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate 2014 authors determined that Haynes and Boone, LLP Real Estate practitioner Ann Saegert is the year’s most highly regarded lawyer in its global legal ranking.
- In 2014, the Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2014 legal directory recognized five Haynes and Boone partners: Jeff Wolfson, Randall C. Brown, David L. McCombs, Phillip Philbin and Mark Tidwell. The new guide, which identifies the top patent practitioners in key jurisdictions around the globe based on feedback from market sources compiled during analyst interviews, also designated Haynes and Boone as a “recommended firm” for its Patent Practice Group.
- BTI ranked Haynes and Boone in the Celebrity category in its 2014 Client Relationship Scorecard, noting that “The Celebrities outperform nearly 80 percent of the market serving large corporate clients.”
- Four Haynes and Boone, LLP partners received the 2013 International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology Client Choice award, an annual award recognizing lawyers around the world who stand apart for the excellent client service provided: David Bell (Intellectual Property: Designs and Trade Secrets), Matthew Deffebach (Employment and Labor), Patrick Hughes (Insolvency & Restructuring) and Matthew Schindel (Commercial Property).
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine recognized 15 Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers as “2013 Top Attorneys.”
- Six Haynes and Boone partners were honored in the Business Journals’ 2013 “Who’s Who in Energy” Directory, which recognized the nation’s top energy leaders: Jeff Civins, Buddy Clark, Don Jackson, Diana Liebmann, Mary Mendoza, and Bill Nelson.
- In its 2013 edition, The Legal 500 recommended Haynes and Boone for its M&A: Middle-Market and Real Estate practices, along with 15 lawyers from those practices.
- Twenty-five attorneys in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP were named outstanding attorneys by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2013.
- Seven Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers from the Orange County and Silicon Valley offices were included in the 2014 Northern and Southern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars award listings.
- Ninety-one Haynes and Boone, LLP attorneys were recognized in 2013 by Texas Super Lawyers.
- Texas Super Lawyers designated 32 Haynes and Boone lawyers as Rising Stars in 2014, up-and-coming attorneys in their field under the age of 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
- Two attorneys were named Super Lawyers in Washington, D.C. in 2014 and two were named Rising Stars.
- The local legal community recognized 18 Dallas-based Haynes and Boone lawyers practicing in 13 specialty areas of law in D Magazine’s 2014 Best Lawyers in Dallas listing.
- Haynes and Boone ranked in overall first place in Above the Law's 2013 "ATL Insider Survey," receiving a 9.5 out of 10, and placing first in Compensation, Hours, Firm Morale, Training and Culture & Colleagues.
- World Services Group, an alliance that provides its clients access to cost-effective, efficient and highly skilled foreign counsel, named Haynes and Boone Partner Larry Pascal, co-chair of the International Practice group, its Member of the Year for 2012.
- Haynes and Boone was named the 2012 Top Corporate Law Firm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area by Corporate Board Member. Haynes and Boone has earned top marks in DFW ten of the last 11 years.
- The Fort Worth office of Haynes and Boone was named one of the Best Places to work in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2012.
- The Dallas office of Haynes and Boone was named one of Dallas-Fort Worth’s Best Places to Work by the Dallas Business Journal, 2009-2012.
- Ten women partners from Haynes and Boone (the most of any law firm) were ranked among the 31 attorneys recognized in D Magazine’s Best Women Lawyers in Dallas for 2010.
- Haynes and Boone was named by clients and peers as a Go-To Law Firm for the country’s top corporations by Corporate Counsel in 2010. The firm was cited for its representations in intellectual property, litigation and labor and employment matters.
- The Houston office of Haynes and Boone was named one of that city’s Best Places to Work by the Houston Business Journal in 2010.
- Haynes and Boone was the first Texas law firm to be awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) Gold certification for commercial interior design by the U.S. Green Building Council. The firm, achieving the recognition for its Dallas-based One Victory Park office in 2010, is also one of only a handful of law firms nationally to achieve the Gold interior designation.
- Haynes and Boone received the 2014 M&A Atlas Award Cross Border Deal of the Year - $1-5 Billion for its role in Mylan's acquisition of Agila Specialties from Strides Arcolab.
- Latin Lawyer awarded Haynes and Boone, SC its 2013 Restructuring Deal of the Year for serving as counsel to the consenting creditors in the groundbreaking bankruptcy case of Mexico’s largest glassmaker, Vitro.
- Corporate INTL Magazine named Haynes and Boone the 2014 China-US Cross Border M&A Law Firm of the Year for California, honoring Shanghai Administrative Partner Liza Mark and Silicon Valley Partner Yan Zhang.
- Latin Finance recognized the acquisition by Afore XXI Banorte of Afore Bancomer as its 2013 Domestic M&A Deal of the Year. The $1.6 billion purchase from Spain’s Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria was the largest ever in Mexico’s pension sector and helped position Afore XXI Banorte as a leader in the industry.
- In the 2014 edition of the World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000, the Haynes and Boone, LLP Trademark Practice Group was awarded both a national silver ranking, making it tied for fifth nationally, and a Texas gold ranking, the highest possible. Purvi Patel, Jeff Becker, David Bell, Richard Rochford, Ken Parker and Phil Hampton were also ranked individually.
- In 2013 and 2014, seven Haynes and Boone partners from three offices have been named IP Stars, and the Intellectual Property Practice Group has been voted to the top Texas tier in the inaugural IP Stars ranking by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine. Also in 2013, Partner Purvi Patel was featured in Managing Intellectual Property’s inaugural IP Stars – Top 250 Women in IP guidebook.
- In 2013, Haynes and Boone was recognized in the fourth edition of the U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey in national and metropolitan rankings for the Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York City, Orange County, Calif. and San Antonio offices. National Tier 1 rankings for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Corporate Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Oil & Gas Law, Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law and Technology Law. In practice areas by metropolitan regions, the firm took first tier honors in 59 practices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York and San Antonio.
- Ranked No. 10 by Latinvex: Latin America News & Analysis in its 2013 Legal 35: Latin America's Top International Law Firms.
- The BTI Consulting Group’s BTI Litigation Outlook 2013 recognized Haynes and Boone in three litigation areas: securities or finance related litigation, complex commercial litigation and IP litigation. The national survey of more than 350 senior in-house attorneys asked, “Which firm do you consider to be best suited to helping you” with various legal services.
- Ranked No. 8 by the 2013 Thomson Reuters Global M&A Legal Review in the category “Any Spanish Involvement” for its representation of Mexico's Afore XXI in its bid and agreement to acquire Afore Bancomer from Spain’s Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) for about $1.7 billion.
- In the 2013 edition, ranked No. 10 in Bloomberg’s M&A Legal Advisory League Tables in the category “India Announced Deals,” for serving as U.S. counsel to Strides Arcolab Ltd. in its $1.6 billion sale of Agila Specialties Private Ltd., a generic drug maker of injectable medicines, to Mylan Inc.
- The BTI Consulting Group’s 2014 Brand Elite recognized Haynes and Boone in its honor roll for the following areas: Client Recommendations; Client’s Choice: Short-Listed; and Bet-the-Company.
- Haynes and Boone was named Chemical Arts IP Law Firm of the Year – Texas by Acquisition International Magazine in its 2014 Intellectual Property Awards.
- Haynes and Boone was named Full Service Immigration Firm of the Year – Texas by Acquisition International Magazine in its 2014 Global Mobility & Immigration Awards.
- Private Equity Real Estate’s 2012 Global PERE Awards honored Haynes and Boone as one of the top two law firms in the category of Law Firm of the Year for 2012 Asia Transactions in its annual awards. The award recognized the firm’s wide-ranging 2012 representations of Asia-based lead arrangers and administrative agent banks and Asia-focused real estate funds in the structuring, negotiating, documenting and closings of more than US$1.3 billion of multi-currency capital commitment financings.
- Haynes and Boone's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice was awarded the Chapter 11 Turnaround of the Year - Middle Markets Award in the 2011 Turnaround Atlas Awards program for its successful representation of a second-lien agent and a second-lien lender group in the FX Luxury Las Vegas I, LLC bankruptcy case.
- Haynes and Boone was recognized by The M&A Advisor's 2011 Turnaround Awards for its role in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale of northeast supermarket chain Penn Traffic to TOPS Markets, LLC. The company's so-called "363 sale" was named Distressed M&A Deal of the Year ($100MM and under) and Distressed Deal of the Year in the retail manufacturing and distribution category.
- Haynes and Boone was awarded two prestigious national awards for its role representing Rise Energy Partners, LP in a series of 2009 distressed debt transactions, including the M&A Advisor Energy Deal of the Year and the Global M&A Network 2009 Energy and Services Turnaround Atlas award.
- Haynes and Boone and AMR Corporation were awarded Airfinance Journal’s 2009 Editors Award for three deals that helped American Airlines raise $2.9 billion in liquidity.
- Haynes and Boone’s Energy and Power Practice Group played a critical role in four out of the five deals selected by Oil and Gas Investor as winners in the 2007 Oil and Gas Investor Excellence Awards which honor significant deals and executives in the industry.
- Trade Finance magazine's 2007 Deals of the Year recognized Haynes and Boone for its role in the Amapá Mineração transaction, which involved the financing of an integrated iron-ore mining and infrastructure logistics project in Brazil relating to MMX's Amapá mining facility.
- The Dallas Business Journal’s 2007 M&A Awards honored two significant financial transactions led by Haynes and Boone, including the $1.7 billion merger of Boeing Co. and Aviall Inc. and the $1.8 billion merger of ClubCorp and KSL Capital Partners. The firm also served as local counsel for the lenders in the $45 billion buyout of TXU Corp, which the Dallas Business Journal named the 2007 Deal of the Year.
Commitment to Diversity
- In 2014, Latinvex selected Cecilia Flores as one of the top 50 female attorneys specializing in Latin America, noting that she “is seen as a rising star within the legal arbitration community.”
- Latin Lawyer listed Haynes and Boone as a recommended firm for Latin American legal work in its 2014 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250, a ranking that tracks leading law firms working throughout Latin America. The publication singled out 19 practitioners and seven practices and recognized individual lawyers in the firm’s Mexico City, New York, Houston, Washington, D.C. and Dallas offices.
- In its 2013 International Directory, Latin Lawyer highlighted 16 Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers and four practice groups: Americas Practice Group, Energy, Real Estate and Corporate and M&A.
- Client recognition has secured the 10th consecutive appearance of Haynes and Boone, LLP in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2013: The Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance.
- The National Law Journal ranked Haynes and Boone 86th in its 2013 NLJ 350 listing of the largest U.S. firms by number of lawyers.
- American Lawyer’s AmLaw 100 listed Haynes and Boone at No. 99 in its 2014 ranking of the top-grossing law firms.
Dedication to Community
- In 2014, Vault’s annual survey of the 100 largest U.S. law firms ranked Haynes and Boone highly in several diversity categories: Diversity for Minorities (no. 8), Diversity for Individuals with Disabilities (no. 10), Diversity for Veterans (no. 15), Diversity for Women (no. 16) and Diversity for LGBT (no. 21).
- In 2014, Haynes and Boone received a Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum for the fourth consecutive year. A firm's WILEF certification demonstrates that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, highest leadership positions, governance and compensation committees, and their most highly compensated partners.
- Named the Best National Firm for Diversity in North America by the 2014 Americas Women in Business Law Awards, presented by Euromoney Legal Media Group.
- Haynes and Boone received the prestigious Thomas L. Sager Award in 2013, presented by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association in recognition of the firm’s commitment to diversity. The firm also received the Sager Award in 2002.
- Chosen as a winner of the 2014 Diversity Leader Award by Profiles in Diversity Journal, a magazine focusing on diversity/inclusion in business, government, non-profit, higher education and military settings.
- Haynes and Boone ranked 12th in a 2013 American Lawyer survey of women partners serving in top leadership roles in AmLaw 100 firms.
- Haynes and Boone was honored with the 2013 Gulf Coast Corporate Commitment Award by the Texas Diversity Council, recognizing the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in the business community.
- Haynes and Boone consistently receives high rankings in the Corporate Equality Index administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, which ranks firms for their treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) employees and consumers. Haynes and Boone has been ranked from 2009-2013.
- Haynes and Boone ranked No. 52 out of more than 200 law firms in American Lawyer’s 2013 Diversity Scorecard, the highest ranking of any Texas-based firm for the second year in a row.
- Recognized as one of the Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers “50 Best Law Firms for Women” in 2013 for the firm’s commitment to retention and advancement of women.
- In 2012, Haynes and Boone was ranked the top law firm in the country for women and third for Native-Americans in MultiCultural Law Magazine’s annual ranking of the top 100 law firms for diversity. Overall, the firm ranked No. 48 out of the top 100. The firm also scored well in several other areas, including No. 9 in the “Top 50 Law Firms for Partners” listing, and No. 8 in the “Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanics” listing.
- Haynes and Boone ranked fifth in the Dallas Diversity Task Force's 2012 Diversity Report, which measures law firm diversity against the state's population and the racial and ethnic diversity of State Bar of Texas members.
- In American Lawyer’s 2012 Midlevel Associate Survey, Haynes and Boone ranked No. 54 out of 149 law firms for its dedication to diversity.
- In 2011, Haynes and Boone was designated as a Community of Respect® by the Anti-Defamation League for its commitment to respect and diversity.
- In 2011, Haynes and Boone was selected as the inaugural recipient of the AT&T Legal Department Diversity Award in the large law firm category. The award singled out a small, medium and large firm for their activities and accomplishments promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- The Houston office of Haynes and Boone was named a Community of Respect™ by the Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) Southwest Region in 2010.
- Latin Lawyer listed Haynes and Boone’s Mexico City office among the leaders in Latin American-based law firms for their time commitment to pro bono matters in 2009, ranking the firm No. 11 in Latin America and No. 4 in Mexico.
- Haynes and Boone is believed to be the only firm to have three of its partners bestowed the Dallas Lawyers Auxiliary’s prestigious Justinian Award honoring dedication to community service. Founding partner Richard Haynes was honored in 1989, founding partner Mike Boone was selected in 2004, and most recently senior partner George Bramblett received the award in 2009.
- Haynes and Boone was awarded the 2008 W. Frank Newton Award for outstanding pro bono efforts, one of the highest honors given by the State Bar of Texas. The firm was selected in recognition of its seven-year effort that freed two Mexican nationals wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.
- ClientConnect® is a Web-based, client-centric software application that was designed and developed by ClientCentric Solutions, a subsidiary of Haynes and Boone, to enhance communication and collaboration between the firm’s lawyers and clients. The software solution has earned the firm several technology-related accolades over the years.
- The Muzeview Law Firm Web Presence Index ranked Haynes and Boone’s firm website No. 56 on its 2009 list of the Top 100 Law Firm Websites. The index ranks law firms’ sites according to the strength of their presence on the web.
- The Web Marketing Association selected Haynes and Boone’s website for the Legal Standard of Excellence Award in its 2009 WebAward Competition. The annual awards program highlights sites that excel within seven criteria and set the standard for which all websites in the industry should strive.
- The Legal Marketing Association honored Haynes and Boone with a Your Honor Award at the 2009 LMA Annual Conference in recognition of its electronic email and video announcing its Dallas office relocation.
- Haynes and Boone was named by clients and peers as a Go-To Law Firm for Technology by Corporate Counsel in 2008, in the magazine’s first-ever survey of in-house counsel teams at the world’s largest technology companies.