Alex Grishman, an associate in the New York office, focuses his practice on commercial and corporate finance transactions, including the representation of banks, financial institutions and private investment funds in connection with margin stock lending, asset-based financings, acquisition financings and the restructuring of existing credit facilities.
In addition, Alex provides regulatory advice to prime brokers and advises start-ups in a variety of industries, including in-store digital media networks and clothing and apparel.
Selected Client Representations
- A commercial finance company in margin loan agreements in excess of $1.25 billion to hedge funds and insurance companies.
- A commercial finance company in lending facilities in excess of $500 million to investment companies organized under the Investment Company Act of 1940 secured by the companies’ assets held in custodial accounts.
- A domestic real estate company, as borrower, in a $585 million syndicated senior secured credit facility the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition of a mid-Atlantic REIT.
- An in-store digital entertainment provider in the formation and capitalization of a joint venture with a global advertising sales leader, the proceeds of which were used to double the company’s footprint.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in the workouts and restructuring of loans to prime brokers, Jones Act shipping companies, radio station groups, and manufacturing companies.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Alex was an associate at Schulte, Roth and Zabel, LLP, 2006-2010.