Russ Rabinovich practices real estate law in Haynes and Boone's New York office, with a concentration in office and retail leasing. Russ represents both landlords and tenants in connection with complex commercial leasing transactions in New York and nationally. Russ has significant experience in negotiating leases, subleases, management agreements, brokerage agreements and other leasing-related transactions. He has also recently represented the owners and developers of some of the most prestigious hotels in New York City in connection with restaurant leases and other food and beverage related agreements.
Russ has been recognized by the Legal 500 for providing clients with "invaluable legal counsel" and for possessing "uncommon business acumen" and "superb problem-solving skills." Russ was selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars - Metro Edition, 2011-2014.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented SL Green Realty Corp. in a 1.6 million square foot lease to Viacom International at 1515 Broadway. At the time, this transaction was the largest-ever New York City office lease (other than a few sale-leaseback arrangements).
- Represented Brookfield Office Properties in connection with a lease for 1.2 million square feet at One New York Plaza to Morgan Stanley, at the time, the largest single-asset office lease in New York City since 2008.
- Represented Lazard Group LLC in its long-term headquarters lease of approximately 440,000 square feet at Rockefeller Center, New York, NY.
- Represented SL Green Realty Corp. in connection with its joint venture to develop a Pace University dormitory tower at 33 Beekman Street in Manhattan.
- Representation of the landlord in a complex transaction involving the conversion of a sublease to a direct lease of more than 500,000 square feet of prime New York City office space over an aggregate term of 20 years;
- Representation of one of the "Big Four" accounting and professional services firms in connection with major leases throughout the United States;
- Representation of the owners of several prominent office buildings in New York City in connection with their leasing of office and retail space;
- Representation of the owners of several prestigious hotels in connection with various retail leases and food and beverage management agreements;
- Representation of the owner in connection with the development, financing and leasing of a multi-use project consisting of over 800,000 square feet of retail space and 1,000 residential units in Flushing, New York;
- Representation of a Caribbean Government in connection with the purchase of the headquarters for its Permanent Mission to the United Nations;
- Representation of several prominent insurance companies and a global banking and financial services firm in connection with various major leases throughout the United States, including the renewal of a lease for over 400,000 square feet in New York City; and
- Representation of an AmLaw 100 law firm in connection with its leases of office space in New York City and Boston, MA.
Selected Representative Experience