Successfully navigating distressed situations requires lawyers who know the law and understand business.
The Bankruptcy and Business Restructuring Practice Group at Haynes and Boone has long been recognized as one of a handful of teams in the nation fully equipped to handle the largest and most complex out-of-court financial restructurings and Chapter 11 reorganization cases.
Our clients, whether debtors, creditors, lenders, equity security holders or agent banks, rely on our significant experience, skill and deep bench. With partners and counsel that have been practicing for 25 years or more, on average, and a dedicated team of well-trained associates, we have the knowledge, experience, and skills to tackle our clients’ toughest problems.
We have handled matters across a wide variety of industries, and our lawyers are adept at learning the “ins-and-outs” of our clients’ businesses. In fact, Chambers USA reported that our lawyers “consistently become experts on the matters they are handling, and their work product is flawless.” For example, in the oil and gas space, our clients are expertly represented by our deep understanding of both their day-to-day operational and financial issues and the economic and political trends that affect their businesses.
Not surprisingly, our lawyers have developed excellent reputations in the nation’s busiest bankruptcy jurisdictions, including New York, Delaware and Texas. As trusted legal and business advisors, we know how to accomplish our client’ goals in and out of the courtroom.
Our experience includes:
- Advising boards of directors of distressed and failing companies
- Serving as counsel to debtors, creditor committees, senior debt holders, portfolio companies, subordinated debt holders, ad hoc groups of creditors and equity security holders
- Advising sellers and buyers in distresses mergers and acquisitions
- Representing key suppliers, landlords and tenants of distressed retail and manufacturing companies
- Representing banks as agents for syndicates, both secured and unsecured
- Representing parties with significant claims against debtors in bankruptcy
- Defending parties facing significant litigation claims brought by bankruptcy trustees and creditors
- Representing corporate clients in transactions and litigation with financial distressed counterparties
- Advising parties in connection with cross-border workout and restructuring matters, particularly in Mexico