Honors and Rankings
What Others Say
In 1970, we set out to build a new kind of law firm. One that challenges how law firms operate, breaks away from traditional industry wisdom, and places the client at the heart of the firm. It’s an approach that has helped us set precedent - for innovation, for effectiveness, for accomplishment.
At Haynes and Boone, we have high expectations for ourselves and expect others to have high expectations for us. Whether it comes from clients, other legal professionals or the communities where we live and work, recognition for how well we’ve done is more than validation for what we’ve already accomplished; it’s our incentive to set even higher standards for tomorrow.
- Chambers Global 2015 recognized seven practices and 12 lawyers from Haynes and Boone in the United States, Mexico and Latin America: Franchise and Distribution in the Global-wide category; Corporate/M&A; Energy & Natural Resources for the first time in Latin America-wide; and Banking and Finance, Corporate M&A and Projects in Mexico.
- Seven practices and 12 lawyers from Haynes and Boone, LLP were recommended as leading providers of legal services in the international marketplace by Chambers Global 2015.
- The BTI Consulting Group named Madelyn Calabrese and Tom Harris as 2015 BTI Client Service All-Stars, putting them in elite company as exceptional providers of client service.
- Chambers Latin America 2015 honored Haynes and Boone, LLP and its Mexican affiliate, Haynes and Boone, SC for leading work in five Latin America and Mexico business law categories: Latin America-wide for corporate/M&A and energy and natural resources, and Mexico-wide for banking and finance, corporate/M&A, energy and natural resources, projects and real estate. The guide also singled out seven lawyers individually.
- Best Lawyers in America listed Haynes and Boone attorneys and 56 practice areas in its 2015 ranking of the nation’s top legal talent. Seven attorneys were honored as “2015 Lawyers of the Year”: Jeffrey Becker, Michael Boone, Ronald Breaux, Nina Cortell, Henry Flores, David McCombs, and Barry McNeil.
- Best Lawyers Mexico recognized five Haynes and Boone lawyers in its 2015 directory: Luis Moreno Trevino, Antonio Diez de Bonilla Martinez, Ariel Ramos, Jorge Labastida and Cecilia Flores Rueda.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 singled out 49 Haynes and Boone lawyers as leaders in their field and 17 Haynes and Boone practices.
- The firm’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring and Franchise and Distribution practices were recognized in the national rankings.
- In 2014, Vault’s annual survey of the 100 largest U.S. law firms ranked Haynes and Boone in the top 25 nationally in seven of eight possible rankings, and the firm was ranked no. 8 in Texas in the regional rankings. Haynes and Boone was the only Texas law firm ranked for Best Summer Associate Program.
- In 2015 the State Bar of Texas Asian Pacific Interest Section honored three firm attorneys. Albert Tan received the Justice Wellington Chew Award, the highest honor awarded by APIS every year. Monika Singh Sanford received the APIS Best Lawyers Under 40 Award. Sakina Rasheed was the recipient of the APIS Outstanding Mentor Award.
- For the second year in a row, the International Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate 2014 authors determined that Haynes and Boone, LLP Real Estate practitioner Ann Saegert is the year’s most highly regarded lawyer in its global legal ranking.
- In 2014, the Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2014 legal directory recognized five Haynes and Boone partners: Jeff Wolfson, Randall C. Brown, David L. McCombs, Phillip Philbin and Mark Tidwell. The new guide, which identifies the top patent practitioners in key jurisdictions around the globe based on feedback from market sources compiled during analyst interviews, also designated Haynes and Boone as a “recommended firm” for its Patent Practice Group.
- BTI ranked Haynes and Boone in the Celebrity category in its 2014 Client Relationship Scorecard, noting that “The Celebrities outperform nearly 80 percent of the market serving large corporate clients.”
- Texas Super Lawyers designated 31 Haynes and Boone lawyers as Rising Stars in 2015, up-and-coming attorneys in their field under the age of 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP attorneys were recognized by Texas Super Lawyers in its 2014 annual list, with seven firm attorneys featured in the Tops of Texas Honors. Nina Cortell was honored in the Top 10 list, and was again featured in the Top 100 list, along with Partners George Bramblett, Jr. and Lynne Liberato. Other listings include: Top 50 Women: Nina Cortell, Anne M. Johnson, Lynne Liberato and Karen Precella; Top 100 DFW: George Bramblett, Nina Cortell and Karen Precella; Top 100 Houston: Lynne Liberato and Kent Rutter; and Top 50 Central/West Texas: Lamont A. Jefferson.
- Seven Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers from the Orange County and Silicon Valley offices were included in the 2014 Northern and Southern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars award listings.
- Two attorneys were named Super Lawyers in Washington, D.C. in 2014 and two were named Rising Stars.
- Twenty-six attorneys in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP were named outstanding attorneys by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2014.
- The local legal community recognized 34 Dallas-based Haynes and Boone lawyers in D Magazine’s 2015 Best Lawyers in Dallas.
- In 2014, Above the Law, a leading website devoted to coverage of Biglaw in the United States, has ranked Haynes and Boone, LLP third out of all Texas-based firms in the publication’s Power 100 ranking of market leaders.
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine recognized 15 Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers as “2013 Top Attorneys.”
- Six Haynes and Boone partners were honored in the Business Journals’ 2013 “Who’s Who in Energy” Directory, which recognized the nation’s top energy leaders: Jeff Civins, Buddy Clark, Don Jackson, Diana Liebmann, Mary Mendoza, and Bill Nelson.
- Four Haynes and Boone, LLP partners received the 2013 International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology Client Choice award, an annual award recognizing lawyers around the world who stand apart for the excellent client service provided: David Bell (Intellectual Property: Designs and Trade Secrets), Matthew Deffebach (Employment and Labor), Patrick Hughes (Insolvency & Restructuring) and Matthew Schindel (Commercial Property).
- In its 2013 edition, The Legal 500 recommended Haynes and Boone for its M&A: Middle-Market and Real Estate practices, along with 15 lawyers from those practices.
- In the 2015 edition of the World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000, the Haynes and Boone, LLP Trademark Practice Group was awarded both a national silver ranking and a Texas gold ranking, the highest possible. Purvi Patel Albers, Jeff Becker, David Bell, Richard Rochford, Ken Parker and Phil Hampton were also ranked individually.
- In 2015, Haynes and Boone was recognized in the fifth edition of the U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey in national and metropolitan rankings for the Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York City, Orange County, Calif. and San Antonio offices. The firm received 10 National Tier 1 rankings, an increase of three from the previous year, in the practice areas of Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law and Technology Law. In practice areas by metropolitan regions, the firm repeated a strong showing in first-tier honors for practices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Orange County, and San Antonio.
- Haynes and Boone received the 2014 M&A Atlas Award Cross Border Deal of the Year - $1-5 Billion for its role in Mylan's acquisition of Agila Specialties from Strides Arcolab.
- Corporate INTL Magazine named Haynes and Boone the 2014 China-US Cross Border M&A Law Firm of the Year for California, honoring Shanghai Administrative Partner Liza Mark and Silicon Valley Partner Yan Zhang.
- Latin Lawyer awarded Haynes and Boone, SC its 2013 Restructuring Deal of the Year for serving as counsel to the consenting creditors in the groundbreaking bankruptcy case of Mexico’s largest glassmaker, Vitro.
- Latin Finance recognized the acquisition by Afore XXI Banorte of Afore Bancomer as its 2013 Domestic M&A Deal of the Year. The $1.6 billion purchase from Spain’s Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria was the largest ever in Mexico’s pension sector and helped position Afore XXI Banorte as a leader in the industry.
- In 2013 and 2014, seven Haynes and Boone partners from three offices have been named IP Stars, and the Intellectual Property Practice Group has been voted to the top Texas tier in the inaugural IP Stars ranking by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine. Also in 2013, Partner Purvi Patel was featured in Managing Intellectual Property’s inaugural IP Stars – Top 250 Women in IP guidebook.
- The BTI Consulting Group’s BTI Litigation Outlook 2013 recognized Haynes and Boone in three litigation areas: securities or finance related litigation, complex commercial litigation and IP litigation. The national survey of more than 350 senior in-house attorneys asked, “Which firm do you consider to be best suited to helping you” with various legal services.
- Ranked No. 8 by the 2013 Thomson Reuters Global M&A Legal Review in the category “Any Spanish Involvement” for its representation of Mexico's Afore XXI in its bid and agreement to acquire Afore Bancomer from Spain’s Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) for about $1.7 billion.
- In the 2013 edition, ranked No. 10 in Bloomberg’s M&A Legal Advisory League Tables in the category “India Announced Deals,” for serving as U.S. counsel to Strides Arcolab Ltd. in its $1.6 billion sale of Agila Specialties Private Ltd., a generic drug maker of injectable medicines, to Mylan Inc.
- The BTI Consulting Group’s 2014 Brand Elite recognized Haynes and Boone in its honor roll for the following areas: Client Recommendations; Client’s Choice: Short-Listed; and Bet-the-Company.
- Haynes and Boone was named Chemical Arts IP Law Firm of the Year – Texas by Acquisition International Magazine in its 2014 Intellectual Property Awards.
- Haynes and Boone was named Full Service Immigration Firm of the Year – Texas by Acquisition International Magazine in its 2014 Global Mobility & Immigration Awards.
- Private Equity Real Estate’s 2012 Global PERE Awards honored Haynes and Boone as one of the top two law firms in the category of Law Firm of the Year for 2012 Asia Transactions in its annual awards. The award recognized the firm’s wide-ranging 2012 representations of Asia-based lead arrangers and administrative agent banks and Asia-focused real estate funds in the structuring, negotiating, documenting and closings of more than US$1.3 billion of multi-currency capital commitment financings.
- Latin Lawyer listed Haynes and Boone as a recommended firm for Latin American legal work in its 2015 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250, a ranking that tracks leading law firms working throughout Latin America. The publication singled out 16 practitioners and five practices and recognized individual lawyers in the firm’s Mexico City, New York, Houston, Washington, D.C. and Dallas offices.
- In 2015, Latinvex selected three Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers for Latinvex Top 100: Jorge Labastida, Ariel Ramos and Larry Pascal, the second consecutive year they were featured.
- In 2014, Latinvex selected Cecilia Flores as one of the top 50 female attorneys specializing in Latin America, noting that she “is seen as a rising star within the legal arbitration community.”
- In 2014, Latinvex featured Haynes and Boone, LLP in three of its listings for top Latin America law firms, including the Top 100 Latin America Lawyers, Top 50 Law Latin America Firms and Legal 50: The Partner Tally. In the Top 100 Latin America Lawyers, three partners, Jorge Labastida, Larry Pascal and Ariel Ramos, were honored as top legal service providers.
- In its 2013 International Directory, Latin Lawyer highlighted 16 Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers and four practice groups: Americas Practice Group, Energy, Real Estate and Corporate and M&A.
- Client recognition has secured the 10th consecutive appearance of Haynes and Boone, LLP in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2013: The Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance.
- The National Law Journal ranked Haynes and Boone 86th in its 2013 NLJ 350 listing of the largest U.S. firms by number of lawyers.
- American Lawyer’s AmLaw 100 listed Haynes and Boone at No. 99 in its 2014 ranking of the top-grossing law firms.