Haynes and Boone's Newsroom
The Joint Operating Agreement: Are You Certain...?
Michael H. Cooper
This presentation provides an overview of issues to related to forming a joint operating agreement, including:
Are you certain...?
- To answer this question, more questions (and answers) are required
- What is the purpose of an Operating Agreement?
- Who is/are the expert/experts in drafting Operating Agreements?
- What form Operating Agreement should you use?
- Of the facts, the terms of the deal among the parties?
- Of the pre-printed provisions of the “Form Operating Agreement”?
- That the “Form Operating Agreement” fits the facts?
- Of the provisions of the “Form Operating Agreement” that must be revised or stricken to conform the document to the terms of the deal among the parties?
- Of the “Other Provisions” that must be added to the “Form Operating Agreement”?
To view the presentation slides, click on the PDF linked below.
PDF - JOA_Are_You_Certain.pdf