Thad Behrens is Chair of the firm's national Class Action Defense practice, and has helped numerous clients turn a seemingly intractable litigation challenge into a victory.
Mr. Behrens frequently represents companies, directors and officers in securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative cases, M&A litigation, proxy contest lawsuits, SEC investigations and internal investigations. He also is regularly called upon to represent companies in complex class actions and other commercial litigation, including cases involving consumer disputes, environmental claims and business torts. In 2012, Mr. Behrens was named a Best Lawyer in Dallas, based upon a survey of his peers conducted by D Magazine
. He was recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer, 2013-2014.
A former federal law clerk and president of the Dallas Federal Bar Association, Mr. Behrens balances his practice between state and federal courts. He has represented clients in complex business disputes in courts throughout Texas and around the country.
Mr. Behrens also frequently speaks and writes on issues related to securities litigation, fiduciary litigation and government enforcement. His recent speeches include:
- "Waking Up to Find a Whistleblower," Haynes and Boone Client Event
- "D&O Fiduciary Duties in M&A Transactions," Stafford Publishing Webinar
- "Avoiding the Government's Hot Buttons: A Practical Guide for Public Companies and Executives," Haynes and Boone Client Forum
- "Hostile Takeovers, Proxy Contests and Shareholder Activism in the 2009 Economic Environment," PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP Boardroom Group Presentation
- "Director and Officer Fiduciary Duties in the Insolvency Context," Texas State Bar Advanced In-House Counsel Course
- "Federal Court Discovery," Texas Bar CLE