Hunt Buckley has more than 25 years of experience in international and domestic transactions, focused primarily on the energy and high technology industries. He has represented international and domestic energy and telecommunications companies and service providers, project developers, and domestic and foreign investors in various projects in the U.S., Canada, South America, México, China, Southeast Asia, West Africa, and the Former Soviet Union.
Selected Client Representations
- Direct negotiation with a national oil company for its first ever incremental production agreement.
- Acquisition and disposition of interests in various production-sharing contracts in China and Angola; acquisition of the geophysical, world-wide assets of a major oil-field service company; sale of facilities for a major oil-field service company; creation of joint ventures and strategic alliances in Latin America and Canada for a major oil field service company; creation of joint venture for consolidated oil field services in the Former Soviet Union; structuring the construction, financing, and acquisition of geophysical vessels, drilling rigs, and commercial aircraft; structuring, negotiation, and financing of exploration and drilling programs and of an exploration company in Argentina; sale of drilling rig business in Argentina; financing and creation of various joint ventures to participate in various risk service projects in Mexico and Venezuela.
- Representation of a South American national oil company in connection with international exploration and joint operating agreements.
- Structuring and negotiation of various contracts and strategic alliance agreements for a major telecommunications company's web portal system; negotiation of acquisitions in the telecommunications industry.
- Financing and securitizing transactions involving the acquisition and sale of oil and gas properties; acquisition and disposition of oil and gas properties; domestic and international farmouts and operating agreements; acquisitions of oil and gas properties out of bankruptcies.
- Representation of a South American national oil company in connection with international exploration and joint operating agreements, and in the acquisition of one of the largest plastics companies in Colombia.
- Creation and financing of a textile joint venture in Colombia and a power plant in Honduras.
- Acquisition and disposition of steel fabricators in Mexico.
- Bank representation in financings of a major national oil company.