Karl Burrer is in the Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. His practice is focused on the areas of bankruptcy and insolvency law and related litigation.
He has been involved or is currently involved in the following bankruptcy matters:
- Represented plan sponsor in $35 million acquisition of exploration and production company in the Reveille Resources Bankruptcy (filed in Houston Texas).
- Represented of the successful bidder in a competitive auction and acquisition of gulf coast oil and gas assets in the Odyssey Petroleum Chapter 11 proceeding (filed Jackson Mississippi).
- Represented DIP agent and pre-petition agent in the Chapter 11 case of Tekoil and Gas Corporation (filed Houston TX) on behalf of the secured lenders who were owed more than $50 million.
- Represented the corporate parent of ASARCO, LLC bankruptcy cases (filed in Corpus Christi, TX).
- Represented purchaser of used motor oil refinery from Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented insurer of municipal bonds in the liquidating Chapter 11 proceedings of a non-profit hospital system (filed in Dallas, TX).
- Represented the offshore oil and gas exploration and production companies of Pisces Energy and Palm Energy Offshore in their Chapter 11 proceedings in the Southern District of Texas (filed Houston TX).
- Represented the DIP agent and pre-petition second lien agent in the Chapter 11 case of Marcal Paper Mills, Inc. (filed in Newark, NJ) on behalf of the secured lenders who were owed collectively more than $140 million.
- Represented the pre-petition agent in the Chapter 11 case of Amcast Industrial Corp. (filed in Indianapolis, Ind.) on behalf of the secured lenders who were owed more than $80 million.
- Represents hedge funds and other special situation investors in pursuit of distressed assets and DIP financings around the country.
- Represents secured lenders, unsecured creditors and debtors in a variety of industries including oil and gas, power and energy related bankruptcies.
- Represents preference defendants in bankruptcy cases throughout the country.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition by Thomson Reuters, 2009, 2012-2015