Scott Ewing has served as a key advisor and counsel to numerous corporations and executives in civil and criminal investigations, antitrust matters, and class action litigation. Scott has successfully defended some of the world’s most recognized businesses in complex matters involving civil and criminal components and has tried cases in state and federal court, as well as arbitration hearings and SEC administrative proceedings. Scott frequently represents companies, directors, and officers in DOJ, SEC, and internal investigations.
Apart from his civil and criminal litigation work, Scott also regularly counsels clients on a wide variety of antitrust issues, including resale price maintenance (“RPM”); advertised pricing; minimum advertised price (“MAP”) policies; internet minimum advertised price (“IMAP”) policies; Colgate policies; and customer and territorial restraints. Scott’s work spans a broad variety of industries, including consumer products, electronics, lighting solutions, and restaurant franchises. Clients frequently turn to Scott to formulate solutions to complex pricing issues, and he is routinely asked to speak on navigating antitrust concerns in the areas of product pricing and distribution.
While not working on behalf of his clients, Scott serves on the Memorial and History Committee of the Dallas Bar Association and proudly works the North Texas chapter of the March of Dimes.
Scott was named a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2013-2014.
Publications and Speeches
- "Navigating Antitrust Concerns," ALA Annual Conference Presentation, September 15, 2014.
- "Chancery's Guidance on How MFW Operates At Pleading Stage," co-author, Law360, September 10, 2014.
- “Navigating the Minefield of Product Pricing and Distribution,” Dallas Bar Association Antitrust & Trade Regulation Section, March 18, 2014.
- “Ethical Issues in Internal Investigations,” presented with Kathy Beasley at the Ethical Principles for Corporate Counsel seminar, October 10, 2013.
- “Supreme Court Securities Litigation Update,” presented with Thad Behrens, Dallas Bar Association Securities Section, June 24, 2013.
- "Avoiding Legal Pitfalls Related to Antitrust Issues and the Internet," presented with Bill Morrison at the American Lighting Association Annual Conference, September 9-11, 2012.