Felicity Fowler is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, and has more than 20 years of experience representing management in employment litigation and related proceedings.
She is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in the field of Labor and Employment Law, and she counsels clients in areas such as wage and hour law, discrimination and harassment claims, leaves of absence, employee terminations and reductions in force. Ms. Fowler regularly represents employers in employment litigation (including class actions) in state and federal court and in employment arbitrations. Ms. Fowler also advises clients on the risks and implications arising from the use of social media, and creates guidelines and social media policy recommendations. Ms. Fowler is a frequent lecturer on numerous employment law topics, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, harassment and social media.
Ms. Fowler is the co-chair of Haynes and Boone's 60-person Attorney Diversity and Inclusion Committee, where she focuses on advancing the hiring, retention and promotion of diverse lawyers within the firm.
Recent Speeches and Presentations
- "Pre-Hire Issues: A First Date from the Perspective of an Employer," Corporate Counsel Section Newsletter of the State Bar of Texas, Spring II, 2013.
- "Assisting Clients with New Employment Law Compliance Practices and Challenges," Employment Law 2013, Aspatore Thought Leadership, February 2013.
- "2013 Midwinter Meeting Report of 2012 Cases," Contributing Author, American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law, Committee on Federal Labor Standards Legislation, January 31-February 1, 2013.
- "Employees Get What? What Texas Employers Need to Know About Mexican Labor and Employment Law," co-author with Yasser Madriz and Meghaan McElroy, The Houston Lawyer, January/February 2012.
- Arthur T. Carter & Felicity A. Fowler, "Educating and Updating Clients on Recent Trends and Developments in the Employment Law Arena," in Inside the Minds: The Impact of Recent Regulatory Developments in Employment Law 7 (Thomson Reuters/Aspatore 2012).
- "Health Care Reform 101: For Employers," Law360 Guest Column, Co-Author with Katie Chatterton and Meghaan McElroy, June 14, 2010.
- "Perceptions, Importance and Impact of Disability Hiring: What Your Company Needs to Know," panel presenter, Discover Employ Ability, The Dallas Mayor's Committee for the Employment of People with Disabilities Expo 2011, October 17, 2011.
- "A Look into DOL Investigations/Enforcement Actions and Private Clauses of Action under the FLSA," University of Texas Corporate Counsel Institute, Dallas and Houston, Texas, April 2011.