Bill Hays is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Securities Section and has more than 38 years of experience in corporate securities law. His practice focuses on representing and advising both public and private companies in acquisitions, public offerings and private financings.
Among other work in his practice, Bill has:
- Represented clients in raising public and private financing.
- Counseled publicly held and private businesses in connection with acquisitions and divestitures.
- Advised boards of directors and board committees on their duties and on internal and SEC investigations.
- Represented public companies in restructurings, including bankruptcy reorganizations.
- Represented investment banks in public and private offerings.
- Handled going private and management buy-out transactions.
- Advised clients on defending themselves against hostile takeovers.
Selected Speeches and Publications
- "Top Ten Initial Considerations in a Going Private Transaction," co-author, DealThink Alert, June 15, 2011.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association