Mr. Herz is a partner in the Financial Transactions group, and concentrates his practice in the representation of commercial and investment banks, hedge funds, and other capital sources.
Mr. Herz received his J.D. from Columbia University in 1996, where he won the mock trial competition and received the Jerome Michael Jury Trial Award for excellence in trial advocacy. Mr. Herz received his B.A. from Rice University in 1993.
Mr. Herz has:
Professional and Community Activities
- Represented agents, lenders, and borrowers in secured and unsecured syndicated loan transactions involving revolving credit facilities, term loans, and letters of credit.
- Structured syndicated credit facilities to private equity funds secured by the right to call capital from investors.
- Advised hedge funds in connection with distressed financings.
- Negotiated loan workouts, restructurings, and debtor-in-possession and exit facilities.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in asset-backed and reserve-based financings, acquisition financings, and second lien credit facilities.
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition 2009-2010