Jonathan Hook is counsel in the Bankruptcy and Business Restructuring practice group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Selected Client Representations:
- FKF Madison Group Owner LLC-Counsel to an affiliate of The Related Companies as acquirer of luxury condominium project in these Chapter 11 cases pending in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Innkeepers USA Trust, et al.- Counsel to Midland Loan Services as special servicer on an $825 million senior secured loan collateralized by 45 hotels in these bankruptcy cases pending in the Southern District of New York.
- FX Luxury Las Vegas I, LLC-Counsel to second lien agent and certain second lien (junior) lenders in the bankruptcy case in the Las Vegas, Nevada bankruptcy court. Successfully obtained ownership for the firm's clients of a seventeen-acre property located on the Las Vegas strip across from City Center.
- Lyondell Chemical Company, et al. – Counsel to multiple significant creditors in this mammoth chapter 11 case currently pending in the Southern District of New York, in which the bankruptcy court approved an $8 billion post-petition financing facility.
- Wellman, Inc., et al. - Counsel to The Bank of New York Mellon, as successor administrative and collateral agent for the first lien lenders holding $185 million of senior secured debt.
- Extended Stay Inc., et al. – Counsel to Five Mile Capital in its capacity as a member of the Starwood consortium, in connection with the Starwood consortium's bid to acquire Extended Stay and certain of its affiliates, owners of Extended Stay hotels; Counsel Archon/Goldman Sachs in multi-billion dollar litigation brought by the post-confirmation trust of Extended Stay Hotels.
- Counsel to RIM in Kodak restructuring cases.
- Latham International, Inc.-Counsel to the senior lenders in Chapter 11 cases in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Broadstripe, LLC, et al. - Counsel to Nexbank, SSB, as administrative agent for the second lien lenders, as well as majority second lien lenders, holding $102 million of secured debt.
- Enron Corp., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Allegiance Telecom, Inc., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Tower Automotive Inc., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers, et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Calpine Corporation, et al. - Counsel to The Bank of New York Trust Company, N.A., as Indenture Trustee of more than $100 million in principal amount of municipal bonds, as well as in its capacity as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- New Century TRS Holdings, Inc., et al. - Counsel to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as Indenture Trustee and as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- Dura Automotive Systems, Inc., et al. - Counsel to HSBC Bank, N.A., as Indenture Trustee and as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- "Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, with Kendyl Hanks and Mark Trachtenberg, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, April 2011.