Jonathan Hook is counsel in the Bankruptcy and Business Restructuring practice group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Jonathan was selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, Thomson Reuters, 2011-2015.
Selected Client Representations:
- FKF Madison Group Owner LLC-Counsel to an affiliate of The Related Companies as acquirer of luxury condominium project in these Chapter 11 cases pending in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Innkeepers USA Trust, et al.- Counsel to Midland Loan Services as special servicer on an $825 million senior secured loan collateralized by 45 hotels in these bankruptcy cases pending in the Southern District of New York.
- FX Luxury Las Vegas I, LLC-Counsel to second lien agent and certain second lien (junior) lenders in the bankruptcy case in the Las Vegas, Nevada bankruptcy court. Successfully obtained ownership for the firm's clients of a seventeen-acre property located on the Las Vegas strip across from City Center.
- Lyondell Chemical Company, et al. – Counsel to multiple significant creditors in this mammoth chapter 11 case currently pending in the Southern District of New York, in which the bankruptcy court approved an $8 billion post-petition financing facility.
- Wellman, Inc., et al. - Counsel to The Bank of New York Mellon, as successor administrative and collateral agent for the first lien lenders holding $185 million of senior secured debt.
- Extended Stay Inc., et al. – Counsel to Five Mile Capital in its capacity as a member of the Starwood consortium, in connection with the Starwood consortium's bid to acquire Extended Stay and certain of its affiliates, owners of Extended Stay hotels; Counsel Archon/Goldman Sachs in multi-billion dollar litigation brought by the post-confirmation trust of Extended Stay Hotels.
- Counsel to RIM in Kodak restructuring cases.
- Latham International, Inc.-Counsel to the senior lenders in Chapter 11 cases in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Broadstripe, LLC, et al. - Counsel to Nexbank, SSB, as administrative agent for the second lien lenders, as well as majority second lien lenders, holding $102 million of secured debt.
- Enron Corp., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Allegiance Telecom, Inc., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Tower Automotive Inc., et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers, et al. - Bankruptcy counsel to the Debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Calpine Corporation, et al. - Counsel to The Bank of New York Trust Company, N.A., as Indenture Trustee of more than $100 million in principal amount of municipal bonds, as well as in its capacity as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- New Century TRS Holdings, Inc., et al. - Counsel to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as Indenture Trustee and as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- Dura Automotive Systems, Inc., et al. - Counsel to HSBC Bank, N.A., as Indenture Trustee and as a member of the Official Creditors Committee.
- "Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, with Kendyl Hanks and Mark Trachtenberg, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, April 2011.