Jeremy Kernodle is a litigator who focuses on government litigation and appeals. His experience covers a range of substantive legal areas, including healthcare, False Claims Act claims, constitutional and administrative law, and government contract disputes.
Before joining Haynes and Boone, Jeremy served as an attorney-adviser in the Office of Legal Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, where he was among a small number of lawyers advising the White House and other senior Executive Branch officials on constitutional and other significant legal issues. He previously worked at Covington & Burling in Washington, D.C., and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gerald B. Tjoflat of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
A recognized leader, Jeremy is the Immediate Past-President of the Federal Bar Association, Dallas Chapter, and is the President of the local chapter of the Federalist Society. He was named a Rising Star in appellate litigation in Texas from 2010-2013, and a Leading Appellate Practitioner in the Fifth Circuit by Benchmark Litigation from 2011-2013. In 2014, Jeremy was named a Texas Super Lawyer.
Selected Publications / Speaking Engagements
- "False Claims Act 2014 Year in Review," Webinar, Practicing Law Institute, (February 2015)
- "Recent Texas Supreme Court Cases that Impact Businesses," co-presenter, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, TX (August 2014)
- Co-author, "Emerging Circ. Split Over Scope of FCA First-To-File Bar," Law360 guest article (April 2014)
- Co-author, "Year in Review, False Claims Act, 2013" (January 2014)
- Speaker, "Recent Developments in False Claims Act Litigation," Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section (January 2014)
- Co-author with Odean Volker and Nicole Somerville, "Are You Afraid of the False Claims Act? You Should Be," Houston Business Journal (August 2013)
- Panelist, "Advice & Tips for Practicing in the Northern District of Texas" (January 2012)
- Panelist, "The Rise in Whistleblower Liability" (June 2011)