Jeremy Kernodle is a litigator who focuses on government litigation and appeals. He has extensive experience defending clients in False Claims Act cases, and routinely advises healthcare providers, defense contractors, and other clients in high-stakes disputes with the government.
Jeremy is also ranked among the state’s leading appellate lawyers. Benchmark Litigation named Jeremy a Leading Appellate Practitioner, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2011-2013. He was also named a Texas Super Lawyer, Appellate, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2015, and a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in Appellate Litigation in Texas, Thomson Reuters, 2010-2013.
Jeremy is the founder and chair of the firm’s False Claims Act/Qui Tam Practice Group. He serves on the Executive Committee and is the past president of the Federal Bar Association, Dallas Chapter; is the current president of the Federalist Society, Dallas; and is a Council member of the Dallas Bar Association’s Appellate Section.
Before joining Haynes and Boone, Jeremy served as an attorney-adviser in the Office of Legal Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, where he was among a small number of lawyers advising the White House and other senior Executive Branch officials on constitutional and other significant legal issues.
Selected Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "Litigation Trend: The False Claims Act," Federal Bar Association – Annual Meeting and Convention, Salt Lake City, Utah (September 10-12, 2015)
- “False Claims Act Overview and Update,” Dallas Bar Association, Health Law Section (May 20, 2015)
- “False Claims Act Update,” UT Law CLE: Government Enforcement Institute (May 14, 2015)
- “False Claims Act 2014 Year in Review,” Webinar, Practicing Law Institute, (February 2015)
- “Recent Texas Supreme Court Cases that Impact Businesses,” co-presenter, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, TX (August 2014)
- Co-author, “Emerging Circ. Split Over Scope of FCA First-To-File Bar,” Law360 guest article (April 2014)
- Co-author, “Year in Review, False Claims Act, 2013” (January 2014)
- Speaker, “Recent Developments in False Claims Act Litigation,” Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section (January 2014)
- Co-author with Odean Volker and Nicole Somerville, “Are You Afraid of the False Claims Act? You Should Be,” Houston Business Journal (August 2013)
- Panelist, “Advice & Tips for Practicing in the Northern District of Texas” (January 2012)
- Panelist, “The Rise in Whistleblower Liability” (June 2011)