Robert S. Ladd has more than thirty years of experience representing a broad range of clients with sophisticated real estate and finance transactions. Bob is highly regarded by both clients and other lawyers alike as practical deal-maker who finds ways to work through tough issues to get transactions closed. He has represented owners, developers and lenders in connection with the development, construction, financing, leasing and sale of all types of commercial and corporate real estate projects, as well as financial institutions in connection with the financing and restructuring of various types of commercial real estate finance transactions.
Some of the transactions Bob has led or worked on in recent years include:
- Representation of major national banks as agent in syndicated financings for: a construction loan for a downtown Houston office tower; a construction loan for a high-end beachfront resort in Hawaii; a portfolio of Texas power plants owned by a major power generation company; a construction loan for carbon capture and enhanced oil recovery facility at a Texas power plant; a construction loan for a high density polyethlylene plant inside an existing Texas petrochemical plant; and a portfolio of refineries owned by a major refining company.
- Representation of financial institutions in loans secured by office towers, multifamily projects and condominiums, retail shopping centers, warehouses, hotels and industrial facilities
- Representation of a major petrochemical company in a joint venture with a Japanese company to develop a methanol plant inside its plant in Houston, Texas
- Representation of a health care REIT in connection development of medical office buildings on hospital campuses
- Representation of non-profit operator of low-income housing projects in the restructure and sale of a portfolio of multifamily projects financed with tax-exempt bonds
- Representation of a developer in connection with the acquisition and construction of an oil storage terminal located on the Houston Ship Channel
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America by Woodward/White, Inc. for Real Estate Law, 2008-2015; Banking and Finance, 2013-2015
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters for Real Estate, 2004-2013