Yasser Madriz is a partner in the Business Litigation Section. He has extensive experience handling complex, high-stakes commercial litigation and has played key roles in various multi-billion cases filed throughout the United States. His cases cover a range of commercial issues, including business organization and complex transaction-based disputes, franchise-related controversies, energy litigation (oil, gas and power), contract disputes, and insurance and re-insurance coverage claims. Mr. Madriz's Latin American roots and fluency in Spanish have enabled him to develop experience in representing Latin American clients in international and cross-border disputes.
- "Employees Get What? What Texas Employers Need to Know About Mexican Labor and Employment Law," co-author with Felicity Fowler and Meghaan McElroy, The Houston Lawyer, January/February 2012.
- "Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, with Kendyl Hanks and Mark Trachtenberg, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, April 2011.
- "Working With the Seven-Hour Time Limit for Depositions in Federal Court," co-author with Ben Allen, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, November 17, 2010.
- "Mergers and Acquisitions in Texas: The Art of Doing Deals"
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition 2009-2012