Vicki Martin-Odette is the Chair of the Business Transactions Department and Co-Chair of the Investment Fund Practice Group of the firm. Ms. Odette regularly advises institutional investors and fund sponsors in connection with the formation of, and investment in, U.S. and foreign investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, energy funds, real estate funds, and fund of funds.
Ms. Odette has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Representing numerous institutions and family offices in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds.
- Representing oil and gas company sponsor on the formation of numerous investment funds with capital commitments of $3 billion dollars with taxable and tax-exempt investors.
- Representing a real estate company sponsor on the formation of an open-ended real estate fund with taxable and tax-exempt investors.
- Representing numerous institutional investors and family offices in structuring and negotiating captive funds and separately managed accounts.
- Representing natural resource operating companies and producers on pipeline, drilling, working interest, net profits interest and royalty joint ventures.
- Representing companies in the energy, pharmaceutical, media, manufacturing, healthcare and technology industries in joint venture transactions.
- Representing an oil and gas company on the formation and initial public offering of a publicly-traded master limited partnership.
- Representing individuals and families with net worths in excess of $1 billion on business planning matters associated with the formation and operation of family offices.
- Restructuring a family of U.S. and foreign hedge funds with billions of dollars in assets under management.
- "Attracting New Managers: Hedge funds find hospitable home in Texas," co-author with Taylor Wilson, Hedge Fund Journal, June 2011.