Bill Nelson is co-head of the Business Transactions section and co-chair of the Capital Markets and Securities Practice Group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, including initial public offerings, private placements, monetization transactions, securities law compliance and corporate governance. His clients include United States, Canadian and other foreign exploration and production companies, master limited partnerships (MLP), oilfield services companies, insurance companies, hospitality companies and investment banking firms.
Speeches and Publications
- “Buyer, Seller Perspectives in Current Climate,” M&A Insight 2013, Houston, TX, May 2, 2013.
- "Corporate Law & Governance: Emerging Best Practices for Corporate Governance," Association of Corporate Counsel, Houston, TX, August 14, 2012.
- “Let’s Go Shopping,” co-author, Lexology, January 18, 2012.
- “When Less Can Be More,” Houston Business Journal, August 23, 2011.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Panel, TIPRO Summer Conference, San Antonio, TX, August 5, 2011.
- “What is a Special Committee of the Board of Directors and When Does Our Company Need One?,” co-author, Lexology, July 15, 2011.
- “Top Ten Initial Considerations in a Going Private Transaction,” co-author, Lexology, June 15, 2011.
- "Developments Involving Shareholder Access And Proxy Statement Disclosure," co-author, Journal of Securities Law, Regulation & Compliance, Volume 3, Number 3, April 26, 2010.