Lenard Parkins focuses on the counseling and representation of large and medium sized corporations, bondholders, indenture trustees, secured lenders, numerous funds, oil and gas interest holders, and creditor committees in financial restructurings, litigation, workouts and formal reorganization cases throughout the United States. He has also represented debtors regarding issues of dealing with collective bargaining agreements and the requirements needed to reject collective bargaining agreements under Section 1113 of the bankruptcy code.
Speeches and Publications
- "Delaware Bankruptcy Court Declines to Designate Votes of Parties to a Post-Petition Restructuring Support Agreement," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, April/May 2013.
- Speaker on various bankruptcy related topics at various CLE seminars and presentations.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Adjunct professor of law at University of Houston Law Center for 12 years (Chapter 11 Strategy and Litigation Seminar)