Bill Ratliff has more than 30 years of experience in oil and gas transactions, family wealth preservation and transfer, estate planning, domestic taxation, commercial real estate, banking and corporate law. He is board certified in tax law, estate planning and probate law, and commercial real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Bill has completed transactions including:
- Advising clients on complex oil and gas transactions, including leases and joint operating agreements.
- Acquisition and sale of multi-jurisdictional insurance companies and complex business entities.
- Acquisition, sale and leasing of commercial real estate.
- Negotiation for both lenders and borrowers in complex lending transactions.
- Advising clients with the design and implementation of all types of estate planning and family wealth preservation and transfer strategies.
- Representation of individuals, partnerships and corporations in United States tax planning and controversies.
Bill serves as outside general counsel for several local business entities.
Professional and Community Activities
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- Board of Directors of Fort Worth Stock Show Syndicate and Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show