Greg Samuel currently serves as Co-chair of the Capital Markets and Securities Practice Group at Haynes and Boone. Greg has more than 28 years of experience providing legal advice to both public and private companies in the areas of corporate securities and mergers and acquisitions. His experience in the areas of securities and public filings includes initial public offerings, private placements, securities law compliance and corporate governance. Greg has also counseled numerous buyers and sellers of public and private companies through mergers and acquisitions.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- "Corporate Directors in the Post - 'Great Recession' Era - Have Their Fiduciary Duties Changed?" SMU Cox School of Business, January 20, 2015.
- "The Role of Corporate Directors in Dealing with Shareholder Activism," KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable, Dallas, Texas, June 2, 2014.
- "IPO Preparation Seminar: What you need to know in 2012," presentation co-sponsored by NASDAQ and Protiviti, February 29, 2012.
- "Should I Take Personal Notes in Board Meetings?" Boardmember.com, August 6, 2010.
- "Developments involving shareholder access and proxy statement disclosure," co-author with Bill Nelson and William Stafford, Journal of Securities Law, Regulation & Compliance, Volume 3, Number 3, April 26, 2010.
- "Board of Directors Guide 2010," Co-Author, Haynes and Boone Presentation, March 2010.
- "Preparing for the 2010 Annual Meeting: Developments Involving Shareholder Access and Proxy Statement Disclosure," 32nd Annual Conference of the University of Texas School of Law on Securities Regulation and Business Law, Dallas, Texas, February 2010.