Alex Stevens is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Alex has assisted employers in a variety of labor and employment matters, including:
- Providing advice and counsel to employers concerning both traditional labor and employment issues, including responding to grievances, minimizing risks of litigation, and establishing lawful employment policies.
- Advising clients on wage and hour compliance issues regarding compensable time, overtime compensation, employee exemptions, and other compensation issues.
- Drafting and negotiating collective-bargaining agreements.
- Drafting severance and release agreements, employment agreements, employee handbooks and workplace policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the defense of clients against claims under Title VII, § 1981, ADA, ADEA, and FLSA, as well as breach of contract and employment-related tort claims, including grievance arbitration in union settings.
- Defending clients against unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Assisting federal and state contractors in complying with the Service Contract Act, the Davis Bacon Act and related state prevailing wage statutes, including drafting lawful compensation and benefit policies, drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and defending prevailing wage lawsuits.
Alex also has extensive experience regarding labor and employment issues during the bankruptcy process, and related issues regarding reductions-in-force and the WARN Act.
Alex is a member of the firm's Social Media Practice Group, and frequently counsels clients regarding social media policies and discipline relating to employee social media activity.