Joseph Vilardo concentrates his practice in representation of financial institutions and energy companies in connection with the negotiation and documentation of complex financing transactions, energy marketing arrangements and the acquisition/divestiture of oil and gas properties and other assets. In addition to his law degree, Mr. Vilardo holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and a B.A. in Finance.
Mr. Vilardo has completed transactions including:
Professional and Community Activities
- Representation of lead lender in the negotiation and documentation of a $105 million revolving credit facility with a short term bridge loan tranche, secured by oil and gas properties.
- Representation of an oil and gas exploration and production company in the negotiation and documentation of a $96 million multi-lender, secured, revolving credit facility; two separate subordinated bridge loan facilities totaling $60 million; and a $10 million subordinated, secured revolving credit facility.
- Representation of a large natural gas/natural gas liquids marketing company in connection with the development of form documentation for its commodity derivatives activities.
- Representation of an oil and gas exploration and production company in the negotiation and documentation of a $50 million revolving credit facility secured by oil and gas properties and a $135 million Rule 144A high yield senior, unsecured note offering.
- Representation of lender in the negotiation and documentation of a $50 million multiple auto dealer floor planning credit facility.
- Representation of large power company as local Texas counsel in connection with the acquisition of real property and related matters for the construction and financing of a $450 million independent power plant.
- Representation of lender in connection with a proposed $25 million working capital credit facility to an oil and gas exploration and production company whose principal operating assets are located in Latin America, secured by pledges of certain stock of both foreign and domestic subsidiaries.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer - Banking (2009-2011)
- Named one of The Best Lawyers in America - Banking and Finance Law (2010-2015)
- Martindale Hubbell® Law Directory with a Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™