Jason Villalba concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, private securities and general corporate law. He has experience in a wide array of corporate transactions including: mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures of public, private and middle-market companies; venture capital and private equity financing transactions; transactions involving emerging growth and technology companies; public offerings of securities under the Securities Act of 1933; and public company corporate compliance under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
A significant number of Jason’s clients conduct their primary operations within the technology sector. As a result, Jason has developed and cultivated a unique practice experience centering on technology-centric companies and transactions.
Jason’s corporate practice includes the following:
Selected Speeches and Publications
- Representing and advising middle market companies with respect to the sale, exchange or divesture of such companies' stock or assets.
- Representing private equity funds, venture capital funds and strategic companies in effecting mergers and acquisition strategies and roll-up transactions.
- Representing and advising entrepreneurs, start-up companies and technology companies with respect to corporate formation and organization, drafting and implementation of business plans, and obtaining initial and subsequent rounds of venture capital and/or private equity financing.
- Representing and advising venture capital funds, private equity companies, and "Angel" investors with respect to investments in early-stage emerging growth companies, technology companies and middle-market companies.
- Representing and advising public companies with respect to the issuance of securities in public offerings and PIPES transactions.
- Representing and advising public companies with respect to the issuance of private notes pursuant to Rule 144 A of the Securities Act of 1933, and the subsequent exchange of such private notes for publicly traded notes.
- “Equity Investments in Cloud Based Companies,” Lexology, April 19, 2012.
- "Legal Tips for the Private Equity Professional," Private Capital Review, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG Global), July 13, 2011.