Eric Williams is a corporate partner in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone with more than 12 years of experience in acquisitions, divestitures, securities transactions and other complex business transactions. Specifically, he has significant experience representing both corporate and private equity buyers and sellers in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing public and private mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, including assisting private equity funds with the purchase, ongoing representation and subsequent sale of portfolio companies. Eric also has experience representing clients in M&A transactions within the bankruptcy context.
Example transactions in which Eric has participated include his representation of:
Selected Speeches and Publications
- CROSSMARK Inc. in its acquisition of all of the assets of PromoWorks, a leading shopper engagement firm.
- Commercial Metals Company, a steel and metal manufacturer, in the sale of 100 percent of the stock of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Howell Metal Company, to Mueller Copper Tube Products, Inc., a subsidiary of Mueller Industries, Inc.
- CROSSMARK, Inc., a leading consumer goods sales and marketing services company, in its acquisition of Marketing Werks Inc., the largest independent consumer-engagement company in the country.
- BNSF Logistics, LLC and BNSF Logistics International, Inc. in multiple acquisitions
- Stonehenge Capital in its equity and debt investment in TAS Environmental Services
- Allegiance Crane & Equipment, LLC, a subsidiary of Prophet Equity LP, in its acquisition of the assets of USA Mobile Crane, LLC.
- Frigelar North America, Inc. in its acquisition of four Johnstone Supply Locations from Jovan Corporation.
- Cotton Creek Capital Management in its investment in, together with TGF Management and Austin Ventures, and the recapitalization of, Magnablend, Inc.
- Forrest City Grocery Co., a food industry wholesale distributor, in its sale to Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. via an all-cash merger.
- AT&T in its acquisition of the security consulting business of Verisign, Inc.
- Archipelago Learning in its acquisition of Alloy Interactive, Inc.
- Prophet Equity L.P. in multiple transactions includings its bankruptcy acquisition of the assets of Gulfstream Crane, LLC, its acquisition of the stock of Ace Asphalt of Arizona, Inc. and its acquisition of the Altec Lansing division of Plantronics, Inc.
- Altec Lansing LLC in its Australian acquisition of the assets of Avega Systems, Inc., as well as in its bankruptcy acquisition of the assets of Vestalife, LLC.
- Dean Foods Company in numerous acquisitions of various dairy assets and in the sale of both its customer-brand yogurt business to Schrieber Foods and its Mountain High Yoghurt business and the Mountain High brand to General Mills.
- Rise Energy Partners, LP in its acquisition of a majority ownership interest in certain oil and gas properties of Pacific Energy Resources Ltd. and the stock of San Pedro Bay Pipeline Company
- Zedi Inc. in its acquisition of Southern Flow Companies, Inc. from PowerSecure International, Inc.
- Versata Enterprises, Inc. in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of Nextance, Inc., Clear Technology, Inc., Tenfold Corporation, Nuvo Network Management, Inc. and Ecora Software Corporation.
- CIC Partners in its leveraged acquisition of the assets of Furr's Cafeterias out of bankruptcy, and its leveraged acquisition, and subsequent sale, of Industrial Container Systems
Professional and Community Activities
- "Choice of Entity/Series LLC,” State Bar of Texas Annual Business Law & Corporate Counsel Forum, June 14, 2012.
- “Choice of Entity/Series LLC,” State Bar of Texas Essentials of Business Law CLE, Houson, Texas, April 14, 2011.
- “Mergers & Acquisitions Law 2011: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year," co-author, Aspatore Thought Leadership, February 1, 2011.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth Dallas Chapter, Board of Directors; Vice President, Membership
- Young Professionals of Greater Dallas, Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition (2008-2014).
- Recognized by DCEO Magazine as one of the DFW’s Top M&A Dealmakers, 2014.