Since commencing practice in 1983, Steven Wilson has represented a broad array of clients in real estate, real estate lending, and commercial lending transactions. He has represented developers in the acquisition, development and financing of retail, hotel, resort, multifamily, office, warehouse and industrial properties; banks and other financial institutions in financing and working out real estate transactions; banks and other financial institutions in commercial lending transactions; and landlords and tenants in office and retail leasing transactions. Steven has also represented clients in identifying and handling environmental issues associated with these transactions.
He served as an adjunct faculty member of Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University from 1993 through 2005 and has taught classes in real estate and in commercial lending.
Steven is AV® Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory.
Mr. Wilson has completed transactions including:
Professional and Community Activities
- Development and construction financing for a mixed-use (retail, big-box, and multi-family residential) development
- Development of a 700-acre Texas property for retail, office and multi-family uses
- Non-bankruptcy restructure of multiple partnership, multi-state loan relationship between a money center bank and a major real estate developer
- Sale-Leaseback transactions involving 63 retail store properties in twelve states
- Equipment lease financing
- Financing of a package of 31 hotel properties in 17 states
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association