PERE ASIA 2012 - Hong Kong
2/21/2012 - 2/22/2012
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (CCT)
- Pacific Place
- Hong Kong
Haynes and Boone, LLP is pleased to be a repeat sponsor of PERE Asia, which will gather leading private real estate investment professionals and institutional investors from across APAC and the globe to discuss the most pressing topics facing the industry. The PERE Forum: Asia 2012 is uniquely designed to give fund investors the knowledge and networks needed to capitalise on the best opportunities, as well as overcome the challenges ahead.
Topics to be discussed:
- How big is the threat of a Chinese property bubble?
- And what is the appetite for regional and global funds to return to India? Is Indonesia the next BRIC?
- How do global funds compete with domestic investors and access opportunities beyond prime commercial markets?
- And what about Japan, what kind of opportunities exist post-Fukushima?
For more information about this sponsorship, contact Cari Peretzman at
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
10:00 a.m. Panel: Credit & financing trends
- Who is filling the gap left by the pullback of commercial banks?
- Are private equity real estate investors also well placed to provide “bespoke credit” solutions?
- Will the liquidity squeeze in China continue? Are there opportunities for private equity as traditional developer credit lines dry up?
Albert C. Tan, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
James Lim, Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Finance, Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas
Morgan A. Laughlin, Managing Director, Grosvenor Fund Management, Asia Pacific
Robert Zulkoski, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Laurasia Capital Management
Keith Connolly, Managing Director, Head of Institutional Real Estate, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
9:50-1030 a.m. Panel: Latest trends in fund structuring
- Are the days of the blind pool fund structure numbered in today’s increasingly regulated environment?
- Looking hard at viable alternatives to blind pools: what makes for an optimal fund structure?
- Club deals, JVs and co-investments
- Direct investments
Taylor H. Wilson, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
Daniel McDonald, Head of Fund Management, Asia Pacific Real Estate, Aviva Investors
David Schaefer, Chief Executive Officer, DTZ Capital Partners
Derek Williams, Director, Private Real Estate, Russell Investments
Rachel Tan, Chief Executive Officer, Tan-Eu Capital Limited