Ryan Cox is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group of Haynes and Boone where he focuses primarily on general corporate and securities law matters and mergers and acquisitions. Ryan specifically focuses his practice on the representation of publicly traded and privately held companies, public and private equity transactions, SEC reporting and compliance and corporate governance. He has also assisted public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations and restructurings.
Example transactions in which Ryan has participated include:
- Represented an independent oil and gas company in its initial public offering of $178.6 million of common stock, including shares sold by selling shareholders.
- Represented OTC Company in conjunction with a $30.0 million rights offering;
- Represented OTC Company in conjunction with $75.0 million recapitalization;
- Registration of a financial holding company's securities pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- Represented various selling stockholders pursuant to initial public offerings;
- Assisted private company with the acquisition of a public finance investment banking firm;
- Assisted Mirant Corporation in its divestiture, valued at $1.1 billion, of various Caribbean majority-owned and minority-owned power-related assets and operations;
- Assisted leveraged buy-out group in strategic acquisitions of healthcare and retail operations;
- Assisted OTC Company in its $4 million PIPE common stock offering; and
- Assisted Aviall Inc. in its $2.05 billion merger with the Boeing Company.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition 2010-2012
Selected Representative Experience
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in Private Placement
Successfully represented Lighting Science Group Corporation, a provider of LED lighting solutions, in the private placement of $49 million of preferred equity.
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in Private Offering of Convertible Preferred Stock
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation, a developer and manufacturer of general illumination products, in the private offering of approximately $140 million of convertible preferred stock.
Initial Public Offering - Matador Resources Company
Represented Matador Resources Company, an independent oil and gas company, in its initial public offering of $178.6 million of common stock, including shares sold by the selling shareholders.
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in its recapitalization valued at $150 million.
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in its $30 million private placement.
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in its $66 million rights offering and related private placement.
PlainsCapital Corporation in its Acquisition of First Southwest Holdings, Inc.
Represented PlainsCapital Corporation in its acquisition of First Southwest Holdings, Inc.
Represented PlainsCapital Corporation in TARP Preferred Stock Issuance
Successfully represented PlainsCapital Corporation in its private offering of $87.6 million of preferred stock to the U.S. Treasury under the Troubled Asset Relief Program Capital Purchase Program.
Multi-Currency Financing - Mirant - Sale of Caribbean Assets
Represented Mirant Corporation in its divestiture of various Caribbean majority-owned and minority-owned power-related assets and operation.
Acquisition of Assets of Lamina Lighting
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in its purchase of assets from Lamina Lighting Inc.
Exchange and Contribution between Lighting Science Group Corporation and LED Holdings, LLC
Represented Lighting Science Group Corporation in its purchase of assets from LED Holdings, LLC.
Highland Capital Management, LP in its Acquisition of Cornerstone Healthcare Group
Represented Highland Capital Management, LP in its acquisition of Cornerstone Healthcare Group, an Austin-based provider of long-term acute care (LTAC) hospital services.