Our lawyers have been active for many years in LNG projects located throughout the U.S. and internationally. Our experience includes:
- Structuring and negotiation of natural gas sales agreements and liquefied natural gas supply agreements
- Negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction contracts for liquefaction and gasification facilities as well as related pipeline, port, rail and other ancillary infrastructure
- Negotiation of equity investment arrangements, including joint venture agreements and tax optimization strategies
- Negotiation of implementation agreements, tax holiday arrangements and other understandings with host national and local governments
- Advice and assistance in procurement of necessary government licenses and approvals, including environmental permits
- Negotiation of LNG-related transportation agreements, including short and long term ship charters and railroad transportation and pipeline carriage arrangements
- Structuring and negotiation of finance arrangements, including senior, secured bank credit arrangements, capital markets offerings and stand-by sponsor support agreements
- Project counsel to international sponsor and developer on the construction and operation of LNG storage facilities with maximum storage capacity of 8 Bcf in Altamira, Mexico.
- Project counsel in connection with Caribbean-based LNG/CNG project.
- Represent InterOil Corporation as lead developer of an LNG and NGL production and export project consisting of an LNG liquefaction facility, NGL stripping operation, gas gathering facilities and related infrastructure in Papua New Guinea, including establishment of a joint venture and related financing matters, project structuring and legal risk analysis, the negotiation of natural gas supply and LNG transportation arrangements and the development of the LNG marketing structure.
- Advised Peruvian project sponsor Irradia, SRL in the negotiation and financing of its proposed 300,000 gallon per day natural gas liquefaction and transportation facility located in Chlic, Peru, near Lima in a financing valued at approximately US$82.5 million.