Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Employing our resources in white collar criminal defense, corporate securities, government contracting, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory compliance, we regularly assist clients in complying with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and other anti-corruption regulations. Our practice provides a comprehensive collection of services to address business corruption, including preventative counseling, investigative analysis, and representation in enforcement settings. We draw on our attorneys’ extensive experience in private practice and government service to advise clients, and we utilize our foreign offices in Latin America and the former Soviet Union to provide insight and assistance when appropriate.
- We counsel domestic and foreign companies in technology, energy, and other industry sectors with respect to corruption issues that arise in operations and transactions worldwide, including Latin America, South America, Asia, the former Soviet Union, West Africa, and the Middle East.
- We investigate allegations of corrupt payments and violations of accounting standards and advise clients on the legal implications of our findings.
- We assist in the implementation and review of anti-corruption compliance programs, including internal corporate training, third-party due diligence, financial controls, and other risk mitigation measures.
- We represent clients in civil and criminal proceedings brought by the SEC and the Department of Justice for alleged violations of the FCPA.
- We counsel buyers and sellers in the transactional context to recognize and resolve FCPA issues and to implement risk mitigation measures.
- We request on behalf of clients advisory opinions of the U.S. Department of Justice concerning compliance with the FCPA.