Raghav Bajaj advises clients on patent office trials before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), including inter partes review (IPR) proceedings. Raghav frequently takes a lead role representing both petitioners and patent owners in various industries and technologies, including computer hardware, computer software, networking, electronic commerce, and mobile device applications.
Clients rely on Raghav’s comprehensive IPR experience in connection with all phases of patent office trials, including petition drafting, discovery, briefing, and oral argument. He has served as counsel in more than 60 proceedings. Raghav's practice group was ranked as one of the most active and successful in representing petitioners at the PTAB by the 2020 edition of IPR Intelligence Report (Patexia Inc.). Raghav’s practice also includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
With a Computer Science degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science, Raghav has the background to communicate complex technical concepts in simple language. He enjoys the challenge of finding creative ways to apply legal doctrines to technology in order to obtain victories for his clients.
Raghav was honored with the 2020 “Rising Star Award” by the South Asian Bar Association of North America (SABA) and serves as the chair of the South Asian Bar Association of Austin.
- South Asian Bar Association of North America Legal Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Texas Minority Counsel Program, Steering Committee Member
- Recognized as one of the "Top 100 Most Active Attorneys" representing petitioners in Patexia Inc.'s PTAB Intelligence Report, 2023
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023-2024
- Recognized in Patexia Inc.'s IPR Intelligence Report, 2022
- “How Artificial Intelligence Tools Impact the Legal Practice: What every attorney needs to know,” speaker, myLawCLE Webinar, October 29, 2020.
- “Hot Topics before the PTAB,” speaker, ABA IP Fall Institute, September 30, 2020.
- “The Nature of Discovery at the PTAB and How It Has Evolved”, panelist, PTAB Bar Association Annual Conference, September 24, 2020.
- “Brave New World: How AI Tools Are Used in the Legal Sector,” co-author, LegalTech News, August 12, 2020.
- “Navigating A New Realm: AI and Patent Law,” co-author, LegalTech News, July 16, 2020.
- “Proving up Printed Publication Status in a Pandemic,” speaker, Unified Patents Webinar, June 25, 2020.
- “Video Oral Hearing Best Practices,” panelist, PTAB Bar Association Webinar, April 21, 2020.
- “Impact of SAS/Claim Construction Phillips/Discretionary Institution at the PTAB,” moderator and speaker, AIPLA CLE Webinar, December 3, 2019.
- “The Evolution of the PTAB in the Last Year,” speaker, 24th Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute, Austin TX, November 8, 2019.
- “Recent developments at the PTAB during a joint meeting of the Patent Litigation Committee, PTAB Trial Committee, and New Lawyers Committee,” moderator, AIPLA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, October 25, 2019.
- “Strategies for Strengthening your PTAB Trial Record for Appeal,” speaker, 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute, Austin, TX, November 3, 2017.
- “Ignore Broader Claim Constructions At Your Own Risk,” author, Law360, November 2, 2017.
- “In-House Perspectives on Open Source: A Panel Discussion,” moderator, Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, Austin, TX, May 2017.
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2008, Internet and Technology Editor, Journal of International Law; Wharton Certificate in Business and Public Policy
B.A.S., Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science, 2005
District of Columbia
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Haynes and Boone, LLP and nine of its lawyers are included in the 2023 edition of Patexia Inc.’s PTAB Intelligence Report on the nation’s leaders in all proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). Among the report’s highlights are a number of improved standings: Haynes Boone ranked as the seventh most active firm overall (representing petitioners or patent owners); the sixth best [...]