Judy’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation in federal courts and the Patent Trial and Appear Board involving various technologies, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and consumer products. Judy graduated with honors from the University of Iowa with dual degrees in Chemistry and Finance, and she received her J.D. from the University of Iowa College of Law, where she served as a Managing Editor of the Iowa Law Review and was awarded the ABA-Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law.
Judy is a leader of several organizations, including the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI), Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC), and Women in Bio – Chicago (WIB-Chicago). Judy also has an active pro bono practice, and she was recognized by the ABA’s Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service as a 2020 Pro Bono Leader for her services through the Free Legal Answers project and by the National Immigrant Justice Center as a 2021 Rising Star for her commitment and work to ensuring access to justice for immigrants.
- Chair-Elect & Liaison to PILI’s Board of Directors, Public Interest Law Initiative, Young Professionals Board
- Co-Chair, Pro Bono Task Force, American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Litigation
- Vice Chair, Membership, Women in Bio, National
- Co-Vice Chair, Membership, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Annual Dinner Committee, Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP)
- Litigation and Women in IP Committees, Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Recognized as a Rising Star, National Immigrant Justice Center, 2021
- Recognized as a Pro Bono Leader, ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service, 2020
- "Analysing ‘Takings Clause’ challenges to PTAB reviews," co-author, World IP Review, May 4, 2021.
- "Filing Considerations for PTAB Petitions on Biologic Patents Relating to COVID-19," co-author, Life Science Leader, March 1, 2021.
- "United States v. Arthrex, Inc., 141 S. Ct. 1970 (2021)," co-author, amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, December 2, 2020
- "USPTO et al. v. Booking.com B.V., 140 S. Ct. 2298 (2020)," co-author, amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, February 19, 2020.
- "Reconsidering Parodies in the Eighth Circuit,” author, 102 IOWA L. REV. 317, 2016.
J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2017, Managing Editor of Iowa Law Review, Vol. 102
B.A., Chemistry, University of Iowa, 2014, with honors
B.B.A., Finance, University of Iowa, 2014, with honors
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States Supreme Court
Haynes and Boone, LLP Chicago Associate Judy He will be honored by the National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) as a Rising Star at the organization’s 22nd-Annual Human Rights Awards event. She is being honored for her outstanding pro bono service to ensure access to justice for immigrants. Judy has an active pro bono practice and was recognized earlier this year by the American Bar Association’s [...]