Since joining the firm in 2013 after graduating from Vanderbilt University Law School, Maria Hopper has effectively served her clients in a wide variety of corporate transactions.
Maria’s practice is focused on mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Specifically, Maria has experience representing corporate, private equity and venture capital clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as assisting with the purchase, sale and ongoing representation of portfolio companies.
Maria is an active member of Haynes and Boone's Women's Initiative Committee, Haynes and Boone's American Heart Association steering committee and the Women’s Finance Exchange of Dallas. Maria is also an Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt Law School for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Professional and Community Activities
- Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt Law School, 2020-2021 academic year
- Women Finance Exchange, Member, 2017-2019; Board of Directors, 2018
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Represented MD Medical Group in its acquisition of 13 pediatric clinics from, and its sale of a minority stake to, an affiliate of Children’s Health. This transaction was honored by D CEO 2018 at the Excellence in Healthcare Awards as the "Outstanding Healthcare Deal."
- Represented OraMetrix, Inc., a private company and provider of innovative 3-D technology solutions improving the quality and efficiency of orthodontic care, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of Dentsply Sirona Inc., a public company. This transaction was awarded the “U.S.A. Deal of the Year” in the $100-$250 million category at the 2018 M&A Atlas Awards, Americas.
- Represented Williamson-Dickie Holding Company, a private company specializing in the manufacture of work apparel, in its $820 million sale and merger into a subsidiary of VF Corporation, a publicly traded company. This transaction was awarded the “Global Consumer Goods Deal of the Year” in the Mid-Market category at the 2017 M&A Atlas Awards, Global Markets, and was recognized by D CEO Magazine and the Association for Corporate Growth among the biggest deals of 2017.
- Represented Linetec Services, LLC, a Louisiana-based provider of recurring maintenance, refurbishment, upgrade and installation services, in its $336 million sale to an affiliate of Centuri Construction Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson in multiple acquisition transactions involving, among others, CENX, Placecast, NodePrime and FYI Television.
- Represented Glassboard Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its equity interests in Clarus Glassboards LLC to an affiliate of The Riverside Company.
- Represented Cook Children's Health Care System in its acquisition of Child Study Center.
- Represented CHRISTUS Health in its acquisition of Good Shepherd Health System, Inc.
- Represented All-Tex Pipe & Supply, Inc., a Texas-based PVF distributor, in its acquisition by Hajoca Corporation.
- Represented Trive Capital in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, NxEdge, Amteck, AGM Automotive, AEVEX Aerospace, Valence Surface Technologies, Architectural Surfaces Group, Residential Design Services and Huron.
- Represented Teakwood Capital in its acquisition of iiPay, a leading cloud-based payroll services company based out of the United Kingdom.
- Represented Clarus Glassboards LLC, a leading designer and manufacturer of branded glass markerboards and architectural glass systems, in its sale to Bertram Capital.
- Represented an affiliate of AT&T in its co-investment into edtech small businesses in connection with AT&T’s Aspire Accelerator Program.
- Represented Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson in various co-investments.
- Represented a prominent fund in its co-investment into a specialized food retailer in Brazil, a distance-learning company with undergraduate and graduate programs in Brazil, and a developer of transmission lines in Colombia.
- Represented an industry provider of innovative 3-D technology solutions to orthodontic care in convertible note financing rounds.
- Represented a venture capital client in leading a Series B funding round of a developer and manufacturer of distributed energy management systems.
LL.B., Centro Universitrio de Brasilia UniCEUB, 2009
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2013, Law and Business Certificate
Extern to the Honorable Mark Fishburn, Criminal Court, 20th Judicial District, Nashville, TN, Summer 2011
Extern to the Honorable Kevin H. Sharp, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of TN, Nashville, TN, July-August 2012
Three Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers have been selected to participate in the 2021 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellows and Pathfinders Programs. Partner Jason Lao has been named a Fellow, and Associates Serge Agbre and Maria Hopper will participate in the Pathfinder Program. Founded in 2009, LCLD is a growing organization of more than 350 corporate chief legal officers and law firm [...]