Since joining the firm in 2013 after graduating from Vanderbilt University Law School, Maria Hopper has effectively served her clients in a wide variety of corporate transactions.
Maria’s practice is focused on mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Specifically, Maria has experience representing corporate, private equity and venture capital clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as assisting with the purchase, sale and ongoing representation of portfolio companies.
Maria is an active member of Haynes Boone's Women's Initiative Committee, the firm's American Heart Association steering committee, and the firm's Alumni Committee. Maria is also an Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt Law School for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Represented MD Medical Group in its acquisition of 13 pediatric clinics from, and its sale of a minority stake to, an affiliate of Children’s Health. This transaction was honored by D CEO 2018 at the Excellence in Healthcare Awards as the "Outstanding Healthcare Deal."
- Represented OraMetrix, Inc., a private company and provider of innovative 3-D technology solutions improving the quality and efficiency of orthodontic care, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of Dentsply Sirona Inc., a public company. This transaction was awarded the “U.S.A. Deal of the Year” in the $100-$250 million category at the 2018 M&A Atlas Awards, Americas.
- Represented Williamson-Dickie Holding Company, a private company specializing in the manufacture of work apparel, in its $820 million sale and merger into a subsidiary of VF Corporation, a publicly traded company. This transaction was awarded the “Global Consumer Goods Deal of the Year” in the Mid-Market category at the 2017 M&A Atlas Awards, Global Markets, and was recognized by D CEO Magazine and the Association for Corporate Growth among the biggest deals of 2017.
- Represented Linetec Services, LLC, a Louisiana-based provider of recurring maintenance, refurbishment, upgrade and installation services, in its $336 million sale to an affiliate of Centuri Construction Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson in multiple acquisition transactions involving, among others, CENX, Placecast, NodePrime and FYI Television.
- Represented Glassboard Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its equity interests in Clarus Glassboards LLC to an affiliate of The Riverside Company.
- Represented Cook Children's Health Care System in its acquisition of Child Study Center.
- Represented CHRISTUS Health in its acquisition of Good Shepherd Health System, Inc.
- Represented All-Tex Pipe & Supply, Inc., a Texas-based PVF distributor, in its acquisition by Hajoca Corporation.
- Represented Trive Capital in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, NxEdge, Amteck, AGM Automotive, AEVEX Aerospace, Valence Surface Technologies, Architectural Surfaces Group, Residential Design Services and Huron.
- Represented Teakwood Capital in its acquisition of iiPay, a leading cloud-based payroll services company based out of the United Kingdom.
- Represented Clarus Glassboards LLC, a leading designer and manufacturer of branded glass markerboards and architectural glass systems, in its sale to Bertram Capital.
- Represented an affiliate of AT&T in its co-investment into edtech small businesses in connection with AT&T’s Aspire Accelerator Program.
- Represented Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson in various co-investments.
- Represented a prominent fund in its co-investment into a specialized food retailer in Brazil, a distance-learning company with undergraduate and graduate programs in Brazil, and a developer of transmission lines in Colombia.
- Represented an industry provider of innovative 3-D technology solutions to orthodontic care in convertible note financing rounds.
- Represented a venture capital client in leading a Series B funding round of a developer and manufacturer of distributed energy management systems.
- Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt Law School, 2020-2021 academic year
- Women Finance Exchange, Member, 2017-2019; Board of Directors, 2018
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Selected as one of the nation’s leading M&A lawyers under the age of 40 by The M&A Advisor, 2022
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2013, Law and Business Certificate
LL.B., Centro Universitário de Brasília UniCEUB, 2009
Extern to the Honorable Kevin H. Sharp, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of TN, Nashville, TN, July-August 2012
Extern to the Honorable Mark Fishburn, Criminal Court, 20th Judicial District, Nashville, TN, Summer 2011
Represented a leading provider of accounting, payroll, and reporting services for the restaurant industry based out of Oklahoma in its sale to a middle market private equity firm.
Represented Rubelmann Capital and JFI in their acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Priority, Inc. and ReImage America, LLC, a global leader in signage and branded environments.
Represented a New Jersey primary and urgent care medical group in the purchase of the majority of its interests by one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks.
Represented Kinaset Therapeutics, Inc., a therapeutics company specializing in pulmonary and dermatological drug therapies in its Series A Preferred Stock financing by certain venture capital and investment funds.
Represented an asset management firm in its purchase of shares of Series B Preferred Stock issued by a technology-enabled animal health start-up based out of Maine.
Represented a family office, as lead investor, in a secured note and warrant financing round by a global manufacturer of biotechnology products based out of Ohio.
Represented a family office, as lead investor, in a convertible promissory note and warrant financing round by DynaResource, Inc., a minerals investment, management and exploration company based out of Texas, currently conducting test mining and pilot mill operations in Mexico.
Represented an asset management firm in its purchase of Class A Units issued by a leading provider of dog daycare services in North America.
Represented a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company in its minority investment in a short-term rental projects and home-share projects management company based out of Colorado.
Haynes and Boone, LLP is proud to announce the promotion of 13 lawyers to its partnership ranks. This partnership class is the most diverse in the firm’s history. Effective Jan. 1, the new partners are Raquel Alvarenga, Robert Bruner, Jamie Carter, Matt Costello, Tiffany Ferris, Maria Hopper, Mini Kapoor, Jennifer Kreick, Kim Mai, Kinne Manente, Arsalan Muhammad, Courtney Smith, and Alan Wang. [...]