Tyler Hubert is an attorney in the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice Group in Haynes and Boone’s Houston office. His practice focuses on ERISA, employee benefits, executive compensation, and related tax matters. Prior to joining the firm, Tyler worked as a legal extern for the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel in the Small Business/Self Employed Division where he assisted with cases in the United States Tax Court.
Selected Client Representations
- Assisting clients with their employee pension benefit plans to ensure compliance with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assisting clients with their health and welfare benefit plans to ensure compliance with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, and other applicable law.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day operations and other issues with respect to qualified plans.
- Assisting clients with the correction of tax qualified plan failures through the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
Professional and Community Activities
- United Way Young Leaders
- Member, Houston Compensation and Benefits
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Tax Section
B.S., Texas A&M University, 2015, magna cum laude
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2018, Editor in Chief, Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Loyd Wright, Probate Court One, 2016
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Patricia Kerrigan, 190th Civil District Court, 2016
A team of 31 Haynes and Boone lawyers partnered with 16 in-house lawyers and legal professionals to voluntarily prepare two dozen sets of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for voters across the nation. The project helped the Feeding America network of U.S. food banks in their non-partisan efforts to educate clients about their voting rights. The FAQs address a broad range of issues that Feeding [...]