Mev Kilinc is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the London office of Haynes Boone. Mev’s practice focuses on fund finance and general finance transactions.
Mev qualified into banking and finance in March 2019 at one of the world’s largest global law firms. Prior to joining the firm, she represented a variety of clients (both borrowers and lenders), including corporates, private equity sponsors, financial institutions, infrastructure funds and alternative lenders on a range of finance products.
- Advised Swiss multinational specialty chemical company on the financing aspects of its binding offer to acquire French mortar manufacturer from leading financial investor for CHF 2.5 billion (USD 2.55 billion).
- Advised on a syndicated loan in the amount of USD 1.425 billion. The syndication was made up of forty banks in twenty-two countries across Europe and the Middle East. The borrower was the largest state-owned bank in Turkey.
- Advised a European asset-backed special opportunities fund, which manages $2.5 billion of capital on behalf of pension funds and other institutional investors, on a real estate deal in the amount of £100 million involving the acquisition and development of holiday and residential parks in the UK.
- Advised a US emerging market investment fund, on a €140 million bilateral financing with a Turkish conglomerate.
- Advised a real estate fund with more than $6 billion in assets under management, on a real estate deal in the amount of €183 million involving a portfolio of properties in Frankfurt.
- Advised a leading Canadian infrastructure fund in connection with the financing of its bid for the acquisition of an English company and operator of solar panels across the UK.
- Advised a UK debt fund on the issuance of Italian mini bonds to an Italian issuer in relation to a large property portfolio including luxury Italian hotels.
- Advised a Japanese corporate on the financing aspects of its proposed £100 million acquisition of a leading UK paper merchant.
*Experience gained at previous firm.
- Mev is passionate about increasing diversity within the legal profession. Mev is an active mentor to aspiring lawyers from disadvantaged backgrounds, and is a champion of diversity and inclusion initiatives. Mev is currently an active mentor through an alumni networking and mentoring platform at her alma mater, King’s College London called: ‘King’s Connect’.
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2018
Bar Professional Training Course, City Law School - London, 2012
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2010
B.A. (Hons), Religion, Philosophy & Ethics, Kings College London, 2009
England and Wales