Christina Marshall regularly advises clients in a wide range of business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, debt and equity capital raises and general corporate matters. Although such transactions are the core of Christina's day-to-day activities, she has extensive experience advising clients in and managing a variety of transactions and complex business matters, including bank and private lending transactions, real property purchases, divestitures and leasing transactions, complex oil and gas and midstream transactions, complex internal reorganizations, crisis management situations and board and shareholder dispute resolution.
Christina previously served as the executive vice president and general counsel of the Chalak Mitra Group of Companies, which is a group of investment companies focused in the hospitality, real estate and sports industries, where she managed all legal, human resources, risk management, payroll, real estate and customer relations day-to-day functions. In addition to her time as general counsel, Christina was also a founder and managing partner of a boutique Dallas law firm.
The breadth of matters Christina has handled and experiences she has encountered in her career provides Christina with a unique appreciation and understanding of the issues her clients face on a day-to-day basis, positioning her to be a valuable business partner and counselor.
- Recognized by Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2015
Professional and Community Activities
- Vice Chair, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas (2019-2020)
- Chair, Membership Committee, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas (2012-present)
- Council Member, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas (2017-present)
- Den Leader, Cub Scouts Pack 262, Plano, Texas
- Treasurer, Girl Scouts Troop, Plano, Texas
- Represented a large restaurant franchisee in a sale leaseback transaction with 17 properties in four states.
- Represented a buyer in its purchase of several hotel and restaurant properties, including underlying real property.
- Represented Bonita Healthcare in the acquisition of multiple home health services companies in the State of Texas.
- Represented a family-owned home health services company in its sale to a large public company in the healthcare industry.
- Represented PalletOne, Inc. in the acquisition of a pallet production plant and the underlying real property in northeast Texas.
- Represented a large marketing agency in its acquisition of a digital design firm and subsequent rebranding.
- Represented Mitra QSR KNE, LLC in the acquisition of restaurants in multiple transactions from unrelated sellers and the refinance of its senior existing credit facility and related equity capital raising transactions.
- Represented a renewable energy company in commercial solar PV design, installation and operation transactions with a co-working space, a car dealership and a cement factory in North Texas.
- Represented a founder and majority owner of a technology company in a complex corporate reorganization transaction involving multiple disputes, entities and shareholders.
- Represented the special committee of a board of directors in its analysis and decision of whether the company should accept a multimillion, related party settlement.
- Represented several not-for-profit entities in asset acquisition transactions.
B.A., Austin College, 2002, cum laude
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2006, magna cum laude
Intern to the Honorable Judge Patterson, 2004
Welcome to the 2020 - 2021 edition of the Haynes Boone Media and Entertainment Law Year in Review. The Media and Entertainment Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, LLP represents a broad range of clients in all facets of media and entertainment, intellectual property, open government and First Amendment litigation, counseling and legislative matters. We are proud to provide a summary of our accompl [...]